* Images shown are of mature plants
Two Crops of Juicy, Organic Berries Each Year
Why USDA Organic Sweetheart Blueberry Bushes?
Two growing seasons each year, both with the perk of organic benefits. The Sweetheart Blueberry Bush delivers two harvests during spring and fall under most conditions.
So, you get bounties of fresh, juicy blueberries in late May or June and then again in August – a yield of nearly 15 pounds of blueberries per year. And you get to savor the taste of home-grown blueberries without the need for harsh chemicals or hard work. In fact, with a little sun and water, you could harvest your own berries in the very first season. Plus, because the Sweetheart is self-fertile, you'll get harvests with just one bush (though more blueberry bushes mean bigger harvests).
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
And the best part? Your Sweetheart Blueberry Bush is organic, so no harsh sprays or chemicals are necessary. Your sweet, ultra-plump berries are totally healthful and free of harmful pesticides because we've greenhouse-grown your Sweetheart Blueberry. Now, you get all-natural results, guaranteed USDA-certified organic.
And they’re the perfect hybrid of Southern and Northern Highbush berries, so their texture is incredibly juicy yet firm. Don’t wait – you won’t find these delectable berries at your local supermarket. Get your own organic Sweetheart Blueberry Bush today!
Sweetheart Blueberry Bush - USDA Organic Pollination
Sweetheart Blueberry Bush - USDA Organics are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Sweetheart Blueberry Bush - USDA Organic will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with well-drained soil and full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). Then, dig a hole that’s about twice the size of the root ball of the bush. Make sure the hole is the same depth as the container it comes in. When planting more than one bush, dig holes that are at least five feet apart in rows that are 10 feet apart.
Then, place the Blueberry Bush in the hole, backfill, and water to settle the roots.
If you’re planting in a container, select a pot that’s about twice the width of your plant’s shipped container, and make sure it has drainage holes. Use organic planting mix, place your plant, backfill the soil and water until you see it flowing from the drainage holes. Finally, place your pot in front of a sunny window or in a sunny spot on your porch.
2. Watering: Water your plant regularly, about once or twice weekly, to keep the soil moist. If you’re not sure when to water, check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: You do not need to fertilize at the time of planting. Fertilize the Blueberry Bush twice a year, once in the spring and once after the last harvest, with an organic blend.
4. Pruning: Lower limbs can be thinned out to keep the fruit from touching the soil, and excessively vigorous upright shoots can be thinned out several feet from the ground to keep the center of the bush open and to keep the bearing surface within reach. Spindly, weak, or dead branches should be thinned out annually during the dormant season.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||3-6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-6 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||June - September|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Vaccinium 'Sweetheart'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,CA,OR,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|