* Images shown are of mature plants
Delicious Blueberries Grown in Your Own Backyard!
Growing your own healthy, delectable fruits has never been easier! The Sunshine Blue Blueberry Bush is a compact Southern Highbush blueberry, perfect for containers, pots, or small areas in your fresh fruit garden.
This delicious blueberry makes it easy for you to bake your own tasty treats. Plus, blueberries are full of antioxidants and vitamins, such as vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese.
You can also enjoy the showy pink flowers set against the greenery and blue fruit! This plant will delight with its colorful hues. Place it indoors near a window or outside where it can add stunning color and flair!
This easy-care plant is heat tolerant, and it will give you an abundance of fruit each growing season. Birds will love these sweet and tangy berries, too!
Order your very own Sunshine Blue Blueberry Bush today!
Sunshine Blue Blueberry Bush Pollination
Sunshine Blue Blueberry Bushs are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Sunshine Blue Blueberry Bush will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: When selecting a site to plant your blueberry bush, make sure the site has full sun and drains well. The plant grows best in moist soil, not in soggy soil. This plant only requires a pH of 6.5 or below to thrive.
Dig a hole that is about twice the width and the same depth of the root ball of the bush. Place the Blueberry bush in the hole. Cover the roots with soil-peat moss mix.
When planting more than one, space these plants 4 feet apart to ensure room for growth. Blueberry plants contract moisture-related diseases when exposed to humid conditions or standing water.
2. Watering: Water deeply, regularly in the first growing season to establish an extensive root system. The soil surrounding your tree should be moist but never saturated. Light green leaves can be a sign of overwatering, while drooping leaves can be a sign of both over or under-watering.
3. Fertilization: You do not need to fertilize the Blueberry bush at the time of planting. Fertilize the Blueberry bush twice a year, once in the spring and once after harvest.
4. Pruning: Blueberries require only minimal pruning. Lower limbs can be thinned out to keep the fruit from touching the soil, and excessively vigorous upright shoots can be thinned out several feet from the ground to keep the center of the bush open and to keep the bearing surface within reach. Spindly, weak, or dead branches should be thinned out annually during the dormant season.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||3-4 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-4 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||August - September|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Vaccinium x 'Sunshine Blue'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,CA,OR,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|