Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉) 6-10 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 20-25 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 10-20 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Albizia julibrissin Durazz
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, FL
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
The Hummingbird's Favorite Tree
Why Mimosa Trees?
Beauty in bloom takes center stage on this opulent, small-to-medium ornamental. For starters, it attracts hummingbirds like no other tree we've ever seen, making it ideal for placing anywhere in your garden.
Plus, Mimosa Trees rapidly grow to about 20 to 25 feet in height. No-nonsense care merges with undeniable good looks for the total package. And though they have a tropical look, they're very hardy and adapt to almost any soil type. They are drought tolerant and can be planted in full sun or partial shade, so they define ease and elegance.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
And their fragrant, hot pink blooms grow in clusters, adding an explosion of color and excitement to any spring setting. Although Mimosa Trees tend to have very little branching in the first few years, this isn't a concern - as your tree becomes more mature, branching will increase.
Especially since we've planted, grown and shipped it with absolute care. Now, you reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery with more developed roots and branching, delivered right to your door.
Also known as the "Silk Tree" because of its stunning, shimmering flowers, this tree wows. Order your own today!
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
The tree is growing well. It arrived healthy and had lost almost no leaves during shipping. Most impressed.
Happy and healthy!
Came well packaged, healthy, and happy. The one I got was variegated with red! So pretty. :)
The order came quickly. The mimosa tree looks healthy and doing fine so far.
Received the Mimosa Tree in great condition and I can't wait to see it bloom in the future. The tree has taken well to the soil and has begun to start new leafage. I hope I live long enough to see the tree at all it's glory. The tree arrived looking great and I was so pleased to see it get to my home. I have had the tree for about a month now and it looks wonderful!
Can’t believe how much this little guy has grown, just since planting. Many new leaves, looking very healthy! Hope it continues, it’s great.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Soil testing is always recommended when planting a new plant. However, mimosa trees are highly adaptable to many different environments (except for salty soils). Your location should have well-draining soil and receive full sunlight (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day).
Dig your hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. This will allow the roots to spread through the loosened soil in the early stages. Gradually back fill your hole with the amended soil and gently firm the soil down with a shovel. Make sure not to pile higher than the soil level, or crown, where the tree's roots meet the trunk. Water your planting site deeply with a slow trickling hose. You'll want to water enough in order to saturate down to about an inch below the soil.
2. Watering: It's very important that you water your Mimosa sparingly. The need for watering should only be during excessive dry spells. A steady flow of water from a hose for about 10 to 15 minutes, once every two weeks, should be enough.
3. Fertilizing: When fertilizing your Mimosa, select an all-natural, organic, slow-release tree fertilizer. Fertilize in the early part of the spring growing season when it's not too hot or cold. Check your forecast to be sure no heavy rainfall will occur within a couple of days of applying the fertilizer. Apply to the soil according to the package instructions.
4. Pruning: Your Mimosa will not require very much attention but could benefit from some minor pruning in the fall season. Remove branches growing along the lower trunk area at a 45-degree angle with sterilized pruning shears just beyond the neck collar (where the limb connects to the trunk). Thinner branches should be cut 3 to 5 inches from the end of the limb to promote thicker canopy growth.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|