* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
White Weeping Cherry Trees are one-of-a-kind
- Beautiful white blooms and weeping form
- Adaptable to various soil types
- Tolerant of many climate types
Have the first Weeping Cherry in your neighborhood. Recently introduced, this has been the hottest new landscape tree since 2006!
Graceful weeping branches are covered with classic snow white blooms. They sway back and forth in the wind.
You will love its attention-grabbing show in the springtime! Nobody can miss the large, thick flowers covering your entire tree. This is one of the most sought-after flowering trees in recent history.
This is the perfect specimen tree no matter where you plant it. Brightens up even the largest of landscapes, but fits neatly in small yards as well.
Not only is it a stunning tree, but its hardy as well. Adapts to a wide variety of climates and soil conditions.
Branches can be easily maintained... have them reach the ground, or prune them shorter.
This is a tree in short supply. Our Nursery Manager knew that this would be a hot product and acted early to build our supplies. This tree is in high demand, so be sure to order yours now.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: They grow best in moist, well-drained, acidic soil (around 6.5 to 7.0 pH) in a spot that receives full to partial sun.
Dig your hole just as deep and twice as wide as the root ball. Leave a small mound of dirt in the center of the hole to set the root ball on and carefully spread the roots in the hole. You’ll want to keep the crown (tip of the root ball) of the tree roughly an inch above the surrounding soil level. If it doesn’t reach that point, just add a bit more dirt to the mound underneath.
2. Watering: Water the tree when the top 2 inches of soil dries (a slow trickle with a garden hose for about 10 or 20 minutes is recommended so the water doesn’t bead away from the intended watering area). This could be about twice a week in the summer, or every three weeks in the fall. Watering depends on several factors such as the soil type, rainfall amounts, and temperature.
3. Fertilizing: Flowering Cherries will not require fertilizer for the first two years. Heavy mulch around the base of the tree protects and nurtures the soil as well. When you are ready, fertilize the tree with nitrogen. Apply 1/10 pound of actual nitrogen per year for each year of the tree’s age, with a maximum of 1 pound per year. Apply it once in the spring, or spread the nitrogen amount into 2 to 4 equal applications over the spring and summer.
4. Pruning: Removal of the current year’s old, faded flowers and fruit clusters will promote flower buds for the following season. Prune the cherry tree during the dormant winter period to remove dead branches.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||20-30 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15-25 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus subhirtella var. pendula|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,CA,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Good so far
Planted in the fall so won't really know until the spring. Tree arrived in great condition with good packaging.
Beautiful weeping cheri
I'm waiting for it to mature to see it's beauty
Poor tree looks dead
My tree arrived healthy looking, but seemed to go into shock. We followed the planting instructions and watered but it hasn't helped. I called about 2 weeks ago and they were very friendly and helpful. They suggested to just keep caring for it to see if we can get it back to healthy. Hopefully we can bring it back to health if not they will guarantee it.
We are so sorry to hear this! It sounds like your tree is stressed due to transit but should begin pushing out new growth soon. Please keep us posted on how it's doing so that we can assist you further if it does not recover!
I love this company for providing excellent product. They deserve this 5 Star Review! I recommend Fast Growing Trees because their service and product is excellent!! I always get what I order in good shape.
The first tree I ordered was delayed three days in shipping and arrived in a sad state. I immediately called and spoke to a garden expert who told me that the tree was suffering from shipping shock and to call back in a certain amount of time if it’s condition did not improve and it would be replaced. It did not improve and true to their word it was replaced. This time with no delay in shipping the tree arrived in beautiful condition and is doing very well so far. It’s worth noting that the original tree was also a beautiful specimen and would’ve been great had it not been for the shipping issue. Thank you Fast Growing Trees!!