* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||20-25 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15-20 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Syringa reticulata 'Ivory Silk'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-7 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-7 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Captivating Fragrance + Creamy-White Blooms
Why Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac Trees?
Delivering incomparable fragrance and cream blooms in the spring and summer months, the Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac lives up to its name, giving you a smooth, elegant look that fits in nearly anywhere.
You'll enjoy its velvety white blooms on a naturally rounded crown. Vibrant green foliage pops against its reddish-brown bark, perfect for livening up bare areas...whether you plant it as a focal point in your flower beds or along driveway borders for extra color. Plus, it attracts graceful wildlife like hummingbirds to your garden.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part about your Ivory Silk Lilac? You don't have to be a master gardener to grow this garden favorite. It grows slowly, acclimating to your landscape with ease and thriving on rainfall alone.
That's because we've planted, grown, and nurtured this Lilac for best results, so you reap the rewards of effortless growth. You get a well-rooted, healthy variety delivered right to your door...and a hard-to-find shrub you won't see at your local big-box store.
Turn a dull landscape into a picturesque, front-page feature with the Japanese Lilac Tree. Order your Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Lilacs can tolerate full sun to partial shade but prefer 6 hours of sun for the best blooms. In warmer climates, plant your Lilacs in afternoon shade so that they are not exposed to the hot afternoon sun. Lilacs prefer rich, moist soil as well.
After choosing your area, dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the container that the plant arrives in. Place your plant in the hole so that the top of the soil is even with the surrounding soil level. Backfill with soil, water after every few inches to remove any air pockets, and tamp down when done.
Mulching the surrounding soil is ideal to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Water once or twice a week (sometimes more in extreme heat), allowing the soil to dry 1 to 2 inches down before watering again.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize Lilacs in early spring before bloom with a well-balanced fertilizer. A 10-10-10 or all-purpose shrub fertilizer is ideal - simply read and follow the label instructions.
4. Pruning: Lilacs do not need much pruning except to remove damaged or crossing branches. If you remove faded or spent flowers immediately, it will increase the number of flowers the following season.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Wednesday, April 21
- Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac
- customer service rep
- family member
The tree was packaged well. It was very healthy.
I placed an order for a tree on Wednesday, April 21 that my gardener advised would not be optimal for the site I opted to use. I called today to change the order to a ‘Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac’ and had the absolute pleasure to encounter a customer service rep named ‘Mandy’. Mandy has to be the most efficient and pleasant representative I have yet to come across in all of my many years of interactions with multiple vendors. She immediately addressed my issues but at the same time made me feel like I was communicating with a family member who I ‘wanted’ to stay on the phone with! Her kindness and interest was readily communicated and I would give this company 5 stars without even waiting to receive my order all because of how Mandy represents your company!