* Images shown are of mature plants
Month-to-Month Visual Interest
Why Red Select Japanese Maple Trees?
From its gorgeous dark purple spring foliage to its dazzling fall colors, the Red Select Japanese Maple Tree boasts month-to-month visual interest you'll love.
Color abounds in this low-sweeping, stunner and gets brighter throughout the season. The convenient size, slow growth rate and near-perfect shape of this small landscape tree make the Red Select a popular specimen for a variety of areas. And because it's tolerant of urban pollution, Red Select is an excellent choice whether it's planted in a city, suburban or country setting.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Accentuating the incredible bursts of color from the small, palm-shaped leaves, the trunk's gray bark and red branches complete a color spectrum that's sure to dress up any planting location you choose. Its wide, low canopy provides excellent ground cover and makes Red Select the perfect accent tree.
But the best part? We've planted, grown and nurtured our Red Select for amazing growth and a head start on long-term success. So, when it's delivered to your door, it arrives with a healthy, well-developed root system and effortless benefits.
Add color to your garden or landscape as you've never seen before. Order your own Red Select today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by selecting an area with well-drained soil and the proper sunlight for your Red Select. In warmer climates, you will want to plant your tree in an area that receives some shade from the hot afternoon sun. From there, dig the hole slightly larger than the root system of the plant - 2 to 3 times the width and just as deep as the root ball.
Then, place the tree, backfill the hole and tamp down the soil as you proceed to cut back on any air pockets from forming. Water the planting site and then mulch to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: The “average” amount of water supplied to the most common lawn and garden plants should be adequate for your new Japanese Maple Tree. During the hot summer months, we recommend watering your Japanese Maple in the early morning or evening.
3. Fertilizing: Japanese Maples do not require large amounts of nutrients. But any recommended fertilization should use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your tree will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden before you prune. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it's not required.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||6-10 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-15 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Best Color- Part Shade Tolerates Full Sun|
|Botanical Name:||Acer palmatum 'Red Select'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- front yard
"Beautiful living Tree!"
HI, What a beautiful & living Tree, it will being to all joy & happiness for years to come, thank you so much from the Lujano's.
Red Select Japanese Maple Tree
Arrived in great condition.
easy peasy shopping
This was so much easier than trekking from nursery to nursery in hopes of finding a nice tree. The tree was a little smaller than I envisioned, but it seems very happy in its new home (the front yard) and I hope to see it grow quickly.
Japanese Maple tree
This plant arrived with minimal breakage and looks healthy. I am please with my purchase and I hope it thrives.