Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 6-10 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 8-15 ft.
- Best Color- Part Shade Tolerates Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Acer palmatum 'Red Select'
- Does Not Ship To:
Month-to-Month Visual Interest
Why Red Select Japanese Maple Trees?
From its gorgeous dark purple spring foliage to its dazzling fall colors, the Red Select Japanese Maple Tree boasts month-to-month visual interest you'll love.
Color abounds in this low-sweeping, stunner and gets brighter throughout the season. The convenient size, slow growth rate and near-perfect shape of this small landscape tree make the Red Select a popular specimen for a variety of areas. And because it's tolerant of urban pollution, Red Select is an excellent choice whether it's planted in a city, suburban or country setting.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Accentuating the incredible bursts of color from the small, palm-shaped leaves, the trunk's gray bark and red branches complete a color spectrum that's sure to dress up any planting location you choose. Its wide, low canopy provides excellent ground cover and makes Red Select the perfect accent tree.
But the best part? We've planted, grown and nurtured our Red Select for amazing growth and a head start on long-term success. So, when it's delivered to your door, it arrives with a healthy, well-developed root system and effortless benefits.
Add color to your garden or landscape as you've never seen before. Order your own Red Select today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Len Urso
Red select Japanese maple tree
The tree arrived very healthy. It’s now the beginning of Autumn and it’s in the ground.
Hello, I planted the tree in a very large pot, so I won't have to worry about transplanting it for quite a while. So far it looks healthy and 'happy'. I have a question, what is the 'select' description mean? Thanks, Len Urso.
Very well packed. Fast shipping. Great customer service. Nice and healthy. Very reasonable prices. Highly recommend this nursery and will definitely do business with again.
Small but strong
Not sure yet it's only a one gallon plant and it was super small I'm still hoping that it's going to make it everything else I've ever gotten from you has been amazing but my suggestion would be to other people don't get one gallon they're too small get at least a 2 gallon or a 3 gallon plant anyway hopefully it well do good I will do another review again later
The tree is fine; however the bay-leaf tree is struggling and has few leaves. I was disappointed in the plant when it arrived. I could have returned it but decided not to do so.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by selecting an area with well-drained soil and the proper sunlight for your Red Select. In warmer climates, you will want to plant your tree in an area that receives some shade from the hot afternoon sun. From there, dig the hole slightly larger than the root system of the plant - 2 to 3 times the width and just as deep as the root ball.
Then, place the tree, backfill the hole and tamp down the soil as you proceed to cut back on any air pockets from forming. Water the planting site and then mulch to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: The “average” amount of water supplied to the most common lawn and garden plants should be adequate for your new Japanese Maple Tree. During the hot summer months, we recommend watering your Japanese Maple in the early morning or evening.
3. Fertilizing: Japanese Maples do not require large amounts of nutrients. But any recommended fertilization should use a balanced complete fertilizer for shrubs and trees. This should be applied once a year in early spring, and if possible, before the leaves appear.
4. Pruning: Your tree will need 2 to 3 years to become firmly established in your lawn or garden before you prune. After this period, you may begin to prune your tree if desired, although it's not required.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 & 4. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zones 5 - 11||Ships Now!|