* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Superb Flavor, Bountiful Harvest
Why O'Henry Peach Trees?
The O’Henry Peach Tree is one of the most popular and highly sought after peach tree varieties. The large, yellow fruit with red skin is excellent for both freezing and eating right off the tree - and its freestone nature helps the fruit remove easily from the pit, making it convenient and even sweeter.
This popular peach stands out from the common yellow or brushed red peaches, with a bright, ruby-red color that serves as a beautiful contrast against the tree’s bright green foliage. And the long hang time of the fruit means you don’t have to worry about your fruits becoming overripe. If the fruit ripens before you pick it, it will simply fall to the ground.
This self-pollinating tree is incredibly bountiful, and a great addition to your home orchard. Although mature O’Henry Peach trees can reach a height of 20 feet, by pruning regularly you can keep the tree at a perfect height for your home garden, around 6-8 feet. With annual pruning, direct sun for at least 6 hours a day, and sandy, well draining soil, the O’Henry Peach tree will be ready to harvest in the mid to late season, with a delicious peach crop for your canning, freezing, or fresh eating needs.
The best part? If you’re a peach lover through and through, you can plant an early-ripening variety like Red Haven Peach and a mid season peach like White Lady Peach along with your O'Henry Peach Tree, to get 4 months of peachy goodness.
Your home garden or orchard is missing out if you don’t have an O’Henry Peach Tree. Get yours today and enjoy a vigorous, heavy-bearing peach tree of your very own.
O'Henry Peach Tree Pollination
O'Henry Peach Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional O'Henry Peach Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your tree in well-drained soil and in a full sun area (receiving at least 6-8 hours of sunlight a day). Be sure to protect your tree from heavy winds by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree and cover the roots with soil, watering occasionally as you go along to remove any air pockets that may have formed. Gently pat the soil down until the roots are completely covered. Finally, water the planting site and mulch to help retain moisture in the soil.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around your Peach Tree moist. Watering once a week by leaving a hose at the base of the tree for a couple of hours is sufficient. Once the soil around the tree has dried, water the tree again. During times of extreme heat, your tree may need additional water.
Tip: Yellowing of the leaves is a sign of overwatering while leaves that are dry and brown can be a sign of underwatering.
3. Fertilization: After your tree has been in the ground for 6 weeks, apply 1 lb. of a balanced fertilizer formula such as 12-12-12. In addition, apply ¾ lb. of fertilizer in the spring before new growth. Repeat this in the summer and fall as well.
4. Pruning: Your Peach Tree will need to be pruned the first two years in order to maintain an open center shape and encourage fruit production. Prune your tree in late winter or early spring using pruning shears and making your cuts at a 45-degree angle.
Trim away any broken/dead branches and any that are criss-crossing by making your cut right below the dead wood.
Tip: Once your tree begins to fruit, thin your peaches out. Thinning out your peaches will help to increase your overall production. Peaches on the top and outside of the tree will likely be ready to pick first. They will be fully ripe when there is no green left on the skin and they come off with a slight twist.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15-20 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus persica 'O'Henry'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,ID,LA,WA,CA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|