* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
The Perfect Patio Peach
Why Bonfire Peach Trees?
Because no yard space or garden is no problem when it comes to the Bonfire Patio Peach Tree. It’s aptly named for its ability to produce both amazing visual interest and delicious peaches without taking up much space, especially since it only grows to about 4 or 5 feet in height.
And while you can eat these peaches fresh off the tree, they're best used for baking or canning, which will bring out their sweet, peach taste. Despite its small stature, the Bonfire Patio Peach produces sweet, succulent and sizable peaches with plenty of flavor.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Aside from its optimal benefits and conditions for container growing, it’s low-maintenance and hassle-free. A green thumb isn’t required to ensure this tree thrives. Best of all, because we monitor and care for the Bonfire at our nursery, long before it arrives to your door, it’s ready to fruit in its very first year.
We’ve done the extra work, potting, growing and shipping your plant well, so it acclimates to your home immediately. There’s nothing like the taste of a fresh peach, right from home – order yours today!
Bonfire Patio Peach Tree Pollination
Bonfire Patio Peach Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Bonfire Patio Peach Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
Known as Prunus persica Bonfire, the Bonfire Peach Tree performs best in USDA growing zones 5 to 8. These trees are moderate growers, maturing to a manageable mature height that fits in any space.
1. Planting: Plant your tree in well-drained soil in a location that receive full sun (at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight a day). Protect your tree from wind by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home. Once you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice the size of the tree's the root ball and just a little shallower. Use your fingers to separate the roots of your Bonfire and gently position them downward in the hole. Then, hold the tree straight as you begin to backfill the site, tamping down the soil as you go. Finally, water to settle the soil.
If you're planting in a container, simply ensure that the pot's size is twice the size of your Bonfire's shipped container. The new pot should also have plenty of drainage holes. Finally, choose a sunny location on the patio, in your backyard or front or side of your house.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around your Bonfire Patio Peach Tree moist. Watering once a week by leaving a hose at the base of the tree for a couple of hours is sufficient. Once the soil around the tree has dried, water the tree again. During times of extreme heat, your tree may need additional water.
Tip: Yellowing of the leaves is a common sign of overwatering while leaves that are dry and brown can be a sign of underwatering.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your tree with a well-balanced fertilizer, such as a 12-12-12 formula. Apply in spring before the tree pushes out new growth. Repeat this in the summer and fall as well.
4. Pruning: Bonfire Peach Trees should only be pruned while the plant is dormant without leaves. That is usually in winter or early spring before the leaf buds open up.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||4-5 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-5 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus persica 'Bonfire'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,CA,ID,LA,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Fast Growing Trees
I planted it almost two months ago and it is already vigorous. I love the shape and color of the leaves. I am looking forward to the fruit as well.
Great peach tree.
Our patio peach tree came healthy and even had a couple of small peaches growing on it. It seems to be doing well in its new home. Love it.
My first small peach
Great little tree , I have had a lot of fruit trees .this was the easyest to plant
So far, so great
I'd planned to wait to write a review since I have only had this tree for a few weeks. But I am so happy with its condition that it is worth the praise. I ordered the 4 to 5 ft version. And since the temps here still dip into the cold range, I haven't put it outside yet. The tree arrived healthy with multiple blossoms. I placed it by a sunny window where it sits in its new pot until I decide to move it to the balcony. It has continued to look healthy and strong. And when I checked it yesterday, there were 7 cute little peaches. It's off to a great start and hope it continues to thrive.
I was hesitant to order online but I couldn’t find the patio peach tree I wanted anywhere near me. I’m so glad I took a chance. My beautiful patio peach tree arrived promptly and in flawless condition. It was carefully packed and had delicate flowers already blooming out of the box. This purchase was so much better than I expected. Will definitely buy here again.