* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||3-6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-5 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Full Sun to Partial Sun|
|Botanical Name:||Fothergilla gardenii 'Mount Airy'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Feathery Fothergilla Delivers Instant Intrigue
Why Mount Airy Fothergilla?
With beautiful colors, abundant flowers and robust growth, the Mount Airy Fothergilla deserves its spot in the limelight - and in your landscape!
Its winning features include white bottlebrush flowers that exude a honey scent, paired with multicolored fall foliage. In spring, birds, bees and butterflies will congregate around the fragrant blooms, and in summer, its bluish-green leaves provide a vibrant backdrop. In fall, you can expect gold, orange, red, and purple displays before the shrub sheds its leaves.
This medium-sized shrub grows between 3-6 feet tall and 3-5 feet wide, adding height, volume, and character to a hedge, hillside, or garden bed. This variety tends to be a slower grower, but its flowers are impressive - making it perfect for delivering big landscape impact in small spaces.
Don't wait - add this versatile, fragrant shrub to your landscape today!
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
Mount Airy Fothergilla is cold-hardy, withstanding temperatures below freezing, and it’s virtually disease-free. And when you buy your Mount Airy Fothergilla from FastGrowingTrees.com, you're getting a plant that's been nurtured with care, for maximum success in your landscape.
When you buy this plant, you can be sure you’re getting an impressive option for texture, performance and garden interest. After all, there’s a reason this shrub is an award-winning plant!
What are you waiting for? Order your Mount Airy Fothergilla today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Dig a hole large enough to accommodate your shrub's root ball, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots. Generally, the Mount Airy prefers well-drained soil and full to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of sunlight) per day. It's not tolerant of alkaline soils, so consider amending the planting area with compost.
2. Watering: Let your soil dry to the touch down to about 2 inches in between waterings. Once your soil is dry, give your shrub a deep watering at the base.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize at the beginning of every spring with a well-balanced blend, and follow label instructions for best results.
4. Pruning: Remove suckers as they grow to prevent overspreading. Prune after blooming in spring to control your shrub's shape and size.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Buying is easy and simple and the plant arrived in good shape.
Only time can tell
This plant came to my place wonderfully: strong stem with buds ready for the next year. However, nothing much happen so I will have to wait to see if it can thrive or not.