Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Mature Height:
- 20-30 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 18-20 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- 2-4 years
- Botanical Name:
- Olea europaea 'Maurino'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, GA
Easy Golden State Growth for Tight Spaces
Why Maurino Olive Trees?
Hailing from Tuscany but grown in the Golden State in a compact, manageable silhouette, the Maurino Olive Tree is ideal for windy areas, tight spaces, and beyond. Though it’s known for its bushels of delectable olives and medium-yield, highly-regarded oil production, it’s also perfect for planting in hedgerows for lush looks.
Plus, the Maurino is made for acclimating into your Golden State landscape since it's grown right in California. Planted in the ground, Maurino Olive Trees reach 20 to 30 feet in height, but when they’re container-planted, they last season after season and remain smaller in stature (especially with judicial pruning). And though they need a pollinator to produce, they’re reliable and tailor-made for partnering with the Pendolino, Leccino or Frantoio Olive Trees.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Aside from home-grown olives without the hassle, it’s easy to ensure it thrives and boasts medium-sized, robust fruit, indoors or out. Even better? Since each Maurino Tree is grown in California, and well-maintained at the nursery before it ever arrives to your door, it’s prepared for producing with the best possible results for your own California garden.
Grown, nurtured, and shipped with its roots intact, Maurino is primed for healthful living. Order your own California-grown Maurino Olive Tree today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: To start, plant your Maurino Olive in full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) and well-drained soil for best results. And we recommend using a pollinator for the Maurino – the Leccino, Pendolino and Frantoio are good options for best fruiting and higher production.
Whether you plant your Maurino in a container or in the ground, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball. Place it inside the hole and backfill soil, tamping down as you do, and finally, water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water your young Maurino Olive Tree each day, especially when the weather warms up in the spring. If you’re not sure when to water, simply check your soil. When the soil is dry down to the first two inches (use your finger to check), it’s time to water the tree. Once it’s established, monthly deep watering or light weekly watering for your tree will suffice.
3. Pruning: During the first few years, only minimal pruning is needed for your Maurino. However, for indoor trees, pruning regulates fruit production and shapes the tree to your desired size, making harvests easier.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilizing with a nitrogen-based blend is recommended for increased fruit production – fertilize until your Maurino starts bearing olives.
5. Harvesting: If you’re wanting to harvest naturally black olives for table use, pick from your Maurino in November. If you need green olives, harvest from your tree September. Either way, your olives will be delicious!
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|