Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉) 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 20-30 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 18-20 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- 2-4 years
- Botanical Name:
- Olea europaea 'Maurino'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, GA
Easy Golden State Growth for Tight Spaces
Why Maurino Olive Trees?
Hailing from Tuscany but grown in the Golden State in a compact, manageable silhouette, the Maurino Olive Tree is ideal for windy areas, tight spaces, and beyond. Though it’s known for its bushels of delectable olives and medium-yield, highly-regarded oil production, it’s also perfect for planting in hedgerows for lush looks.
Plus, the Maurino is made for acclimating into your Golden State landscape since it's grown right in California. Planted in the ground, Maurino Olive Trees reach 20 to 30 feet in height, but when they’re container-planted, they last season after season and remain smaller in stature (especially with judicial pruning). And though they need a pollinator to produce, they’re reliable and tailor-made for partnering with the Pendolino, Leccino or Frantoio Olive Trees.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Aside from home-grown olives without the hassle, it’s easy to ensure it thrives and boasts medium-sized, robust fruit, indoors or out. Even better? Since each Maurino Tree is grown in California, and well-maintained at the nursery before it ever arrives to your door, it’s prepared for producing with the best possible results for your own California garden.
Grown, nurtured, and shipped with its roots intact, Maurino is primed for healthful living. Order your own California-grown Maurino Olive Tree today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
I bought this when Someone. Lose me lost their sister. He was a gardener and so thought he would appreciate planting a tree in her honor instead of flowers. He is a gardener and I knew this olive tree would be something he didn’t already have. It was perfect, he loved it and said it means a lot to him.
My experience was great. The Olive trees were delivered timely and I received emails with the scheduled time frames. When the trees were delivered I also received an email notification. I was keep well informed. When both trees arrived they were in excellent condition. I also received simple care information along with the trees. I was very satisfied with the whole process and thrilled with the beautiful, healthy Olive trees. Best of all both my daughter and son-in-law and son and daughter-in-law loved receiving such a unique wedding anniversary gift. They were thrilled as well as I was.
I was pleased with my olive tree. The packaging was great, there was a delay for the shipping so it took a while but overall it was fine.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: To start, plant your Maurino Olive in full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) and well-drained soil for best results. And we recommend using a pollinator for the Maurino – the Leccino, Pendolino and Frantoio are good options for best fruiting and higher production.
Whether you plant your Maurino in a container or in the ground, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball. Place it inside the hole and backfill soil, tamping down as you do, and finally, water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water your young Maurino Olive Tree each day, especially when the weather warms up in the spring. If you’re not sure when to water, simply check your soil. When the soil is dry down to the first two inches (use your finger to check), it’s time to water the tree. Once it’s established, monthly deep watering or light weekly watering for your tree will suffice.
3. Pruning: During the first few years, only minimal pruning is needed for your Maurino. However, for indoor trees, pruning regulates fruit production and shapes the tree to your desired size, making harvests easier.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilizing with a nitrogen-based blend is recommended for increased fruit production – fertilize until your Maurino starts bearing olives.
5. Harvesting: If you’re wanting to harvest naturally black olives for table use, pick from your Maurino in November. If you need green olives, harvest from your tree September. Either way, your olives will be delicious!
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|