|Mature Height:||10-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||1-3 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||1-2 years|
|Botanical Name:||Olea europaea 'Leccino'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
Easy-Growing, Early-Ripening Olives
Why Leccino Olive Trees?
Prized for its unique weeping form and large, early-ripening fruit, the Leccino Olive Tree offers authentic Italian taste in your own backyard. And it’s one of the most versatile olive varieties available, thriving in the ground or in a container indoors.
So, this Tuscan-native tree grows nearly anywhere. Unlike other olive varieties, it thrives season after season and can fruit in two years or less. Plus, it's hardy down to 20 degrees when grown outdoors and resist pests and diseases with ease. Though the Leccino needs a pollinator like the Arbequina to fruit, it's famous for its reliable, heavy harvests and deliciously fruity olive oil.
In fact, you can get up to 20 pounds of olives each year from your Leccino. And since it's moderately drought tolerant, missed waterings are no problem. The Leccino isn't fussy and keeps on growing despite neglect.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
When you order your Leccino Olive from Fast Growing Trees, you get a good-looking tree and home-grown olives without the hassle. Each Leccino is well-maintained at the nursery before it arrives at your door, so it’s prepared for successful production, year after year.
Now you can harvest your own Leccino olives, no matter where you live - from studio apartments in the city or to suburban landscapes.
When it comes to your Leccino, we've put in the hard work so that you don't have to. Grown and shipped with its roots intact, your Leccino is ready to thrive as soon as it's delivered to your doorstep. Get your own Leccino Olive Tree today!
Leccino Olive Tree Pollination
Leccino Olive Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Leccino Olive in an area that receives 6 to 8 hours of sunlight each day and in well-drained soil for best results. We recommend using a pollinator for the Leccino – the Arbequina is a good option for best fruiting and higher production.
Dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball. Place it inside the hole and backfill soil, tamping down as you do. Finally, water your Leccino to settle its roots.
If you're container-planting, select a pot (with drainage holes) that's twice as large as your plant's shipped container. Use organic soil, place your tree in the pot, and select a sunny spot for your Leccino.
2. Watering: Simply check your soil. When the soil is dry down to the first 2 inches, it’s time to water the tree.
3. Pruning: During the first few years, only minimal pruning is needed for your Leccino. For indoor trees, pruning regulates fruit production and shapes the tree for easier harvest and your desired size.
4. Fertilizing: Feed with a nitrogen-based blend, following label instructions. Fertilize your Leccino until it starts bearing olives.
5. Harvesting: If you’re wanting to harvest naturally black olives for table use, pick them in November. If you want green olives, harvest in September.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Delivered promptly and in good condition!