|Mature Height:||20-30 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15-18 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||3-4 years|
|Botanical Name:||Olea europaea ‘Mission’|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, GA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
Hardy and Hearty Growth in California
Why Mission Olive Trees?
Prized for its versatility and use in pickling, as well as oil production, the Mission Olive Tree is an ideal pick for your own at-home orchard. Even better? The Mission boasts one of the smallest pits and greatest cold resistance of any cultivar in California. Plus, since it's grown in California, it performs well in your California landscape.
Basically, the Mission is second to none when it comes to adaptability and a multitude of uses. Planted in the ground, Missions reach 20 to 30 feet in height, but when they’re container-planted, they last season after season and stay a smaller, more manageable size for indoor areas. Best of all, it’s strong and vigorous, so it doesn’t take much to ensure this tree thrives.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, buying this variety means the reward of constant productivity and table olives, oil and more home-grown, all without hassle. And since each Mission is nurtured and well-maintained before it arrives to your door, it’s ready to acclimate to your landscape. It's Golden State grown for your Golden State home, tailored specifically for your climate and needs.
Your Mission is grown and shipped in its own container, roots intact, so it’s ready for healthful living right away. Order your own California-bred Mission Olive Tree today!
Mission Olive Tree Pollination
Mission Olive Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Mission Olive Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: To start, plant your Mission Olive Tree in full sun (an area with 6 to 8 hours of sunlight each day) for best results. And we recommend using a pollinator for the Mission – the Arbequina is a good option, as well as the Frantoio.
Whether you plant in a container or in the ground, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball. Place the Mission Olive inside and backfill soil, tamping down as you do, and then water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water your young Mission Olive Tree each day, especially when the weather warms up in the spring. If you’re not sure when to water, simply check the soil. When the soil is dry down to the first two inches (use your finger to check), it’s time to water.
3. Pruning: During the first few years, just minimal pruning is needed for your Mission. However, for indoor plants, pruning regulates fruit production and shapes the tree for easier harvest, as well as your desired size. When you do prune, do so between the fall harvest and when the tree blooms in May.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilizing with a nitrogen-based blend regularly is recommended for increased fruit production. Fertilize until your Mission starts bearing olives for best results.
5. Harvesting: If you’re wanting to harvest naturally black olives, pick in November. If you need green olives from your Mission, harvest in September. The olives are delicious both ways, though!
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5 & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 3rd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 10th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 29th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
FAST SERVICE! GREAT TREES! I NOW HAVE AT LEAST 5 OF THEIR TREES AND LOVE THEM!!
Timely shipping. Tree arrived well-secured, in great shape and looking healthy.
I was amazed by how big they both were and how awesome the packaging was. These trees are doing great and look amazing. Will totally purchase more trees from you.
Very good. It was planted yesterday and it is well loved.
Great! Easy, fast, the tree came in great shape and is doing well. I can’t wait to see it grow!