Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉) 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 20-30 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 18-20 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- 2-4 years
- Botanical Name:
- Olea europaea 'Leccino'
- Does Not Ship To:
Easy-to-Grow, Early-Ripening Olives in California
Why Leccino Olive Trees?
With vigorous growth and early ripening for its fruit, the Leccino Olive Tree is a prime pick for a reason (or two). For starters, it’s one of the most versatile varieties on the market and can be ground planted or container planted. And since it's grown right in California, it's made for your California landscape.
So, the Tuscan-native Leccino is now cultivated specifically for the Golden State. Planted in the ground, Leccino Olive Trees reach 20 to 30 feet in height, but when they’re container-planted, they last season after season and remain a more manageable size (especially with judicial pruning). And though they need a pollinator to perform, they’re reliable and produce good, mildly fruity oil.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Aside from home-grown olives without the hassle, it’s easy to ensure this Leccino variety thrives, indoors or out. Even better? Since each Leccino is well-maintained at the nursery before it ever arrives to your door, it’s prepared for producing with the best results. It's grown in the Golden State, so it's tailored for success at your California home.
Grown and shipped with its roots intact, Leccino is ready for healthful living that's second to none. Order your own, California-grown Leccino Olive Tree today!
Leccino Olive Tree Pollination
Leccino Olive Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting.
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: To start, plant your Leccino Olive in an area that receives 6 to 8 hours of sunlight each day and in well-drained soil for best results. And we recommend using a pollinator for the Leccino – the Arbequina is a good option for best fruiting and higher production.
But whether you plant your Leccino in a container or in the ground, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball. Place it inside the hole and backfill soil, tamping down as you do. Finally, water your Leccino to settle its roots.
2. Watering: Water your young Leccino Olive Tree each day, especially when the weather warms up in the spring. If you’re not sure when to water, simply check your soil. When the soil is dry down to the first two inches (use your finger to check), it’s time to water the tree. Once it’s established, monthly deep watering or light weekly watering for the Leccino will suffice since it’s moderately drought tolerant.
3. Pruning: During the first few years, only minimal pruning is needed for your Leccino. However, for indoor trees, pruning regulates fruit production and shapes the tree for easier harvest and your desired size.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilizing with a nitrogen-based blend is recommended for increased fruit production – fertilize until your Leccino starts bearing olives.
5. Harvesting: If you’re wanting to harvest naturally black olives for table use, pick them in November. If you need green olives, harvest in September. They're tasty either way!
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 & above||Free Shipping!|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5 or 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of April 29th|
|Zones 5||Week of April 14th|
|Zones 6||Week of April 7th|
|Zones 7-11||Ships Now!|