Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉) 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 25-30 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 18-20 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- 2-4 years
- Botanical Name:
- Olea europaea ‘Frantoio’
- Does Not Ship To:
Classic, Tuscan-Style Oil for the Golden State
Why Frantoio Olive Trees?
A widely popular variety for oil and more, the Frantoio Olive Tree is second to none. Even better? The Frantoio boasts a stunningly dark, oval-shaped olive, which ripens at mid-season with a one-of-a-kind flavor you’ll love. And since this Frantoio is grown in the Golden State, specifically for California homes, it's a proven performer.
Plus, the Frantoio is one of the most versatile trees on the market. Planted in the ground, Frantoio Olive Trees reach 25 to 30 feet in height, but when they’re container-planted, they last season after season and stay a smaller, more manageable size (especially with judicial pruning). And though they perform best with a pollinator or partner tree for more fruit, Frantoios are self-compatible for producing.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Well, for starters, you’ll get home-grown olives without the hassle. Olive Trees have fewer pest problems than other fruit cultivars, so it’s easy to ensure they thrive, indoors or out. Best of all, since each Frantoio is nurtured and well-maintained at in California before it even arrives to your door, it’s ready to acclimate to your California landscape…with the greatest possible results.
Grown and shipped in its own container, roots intact, Frantoio is ready for healthful living instantly. Order your own Cali-grown Frantoio Olive Tree today!
Frantoio Olive Tree Pollination
Frantoio Olive Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Frantoio Olive Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
- olive tree
Frantoio Olive Tree
I received my tree well packed and in excellent condition, with no damage occurring during shipping and no sign of any distress. The Frantoio is doing great on my deck in a pot with another Olive tree I bought from you that was and is everything I mention here.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: To start, plant your Frantoio Olive Tree in full sun (an area with 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily) and well-drained soil for best results. And we recommend using a pollinator for the Frantoio – the Arbequina is a good option for best fruiting results.
Whether you plant your Frantoio in a container or in the ground, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball. Place the tree inside and backfill soil, tamping down as you do. Finally, water to settle its roots.
2. Watering: Water your young Frantoio Olive Tree each day, especially when the weather warms up in the spring. If you’re not sure when to water, simply check the soil. When the soil is dry in the first two inches (use your finger to check), it’s time to water.
3. Pruning: During the first few years, just minimal pruning, in the dry season, is needed for your Frantoio. However, for indoor trees, pruning regulates fruit production and shapes the tree for easier harvest, as well as your desired size.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilizing with a nitrogen-based blend regularly is recommended for increased fruit production. Fertilize until your Frantoio starts bearing olives and apply before flowering.
5. Harvesting: If you’re wanting to harvest naturally black olives for table use, pick in November. If you need green olives, harvest them in September. No matter the color, they're delectable!
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99+||FREE SHIPPING with code SHIP99|