* Images shown are of mature plants
High Fruit Production in California
Why Pendolino Olive Trees?
Early-ripening fruit for light, delicate oil production is just a click away with the Tuscan-native and Californnia-grown Pendolino Olive Tree. And though it’s a slower grower than other varieties, the Pendolino is easy-to-maintain and perfect for acclimating into your California landscape since it's grown in the Golden State.
When they’re planted in the ground, Pendolino Olive Trees reach 20 to 30 feet in height, but when they’re container-planted, they remain smaller in stature (especially with judicial pruning) for season-to-season growth. They are partially self-fertile, but we do recommend a pollinator for greatest production, including the Leccino and Maurino Olive Trees.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, the Pendolino means home-grown olives without the hassle, especially since it thrives indoors or outdoors. And a beautiful weeping habit makes it even more unique for visual interest. Best of all, each Pendolino Olive Tree is well-maintained at the nursery before it arrives to your door, so it’s prepared for production…with the best possible results. It's tailored specifically for the Golden State because it's grown in the Golden State.
Grown, nurtured, and shipped with its roots intact for healthful living, Pendolino is second to none. Order your own California-grown Pendolino Olive Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: To start, plant your Pendolino Olive in full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight each day) and well-drained soil for best results. And we recommend using a pollinator for the Pendolino – the Leccino, Pendolino and Frantoio are good options for best fruiting and higher production. The Pendolino is also known as the “universal pollinator” for other olive varieties, which makes it particularly valuable in your garden.
Whether you plant your Pendolino in a container or in the ground, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball. Place it inside the hole and backfill soil, tamping down as you do. Finally, water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water your young Pendolino Olive Tree each day, especially when the weather warms up in the spring. If you’re not sure when to water, simply check your soil. When the soil is dry down to the first two inches (use your finger to check), it’s time to water the tree. Once it’s established, monthly deep watering or light weekly watering for your tree will suffice.
3. Pruning: During the first few years, only minimal pruning is needed for your Pendolino. However, for indoor trees, pruning regulates fruit production and shapes the tree to your desired size, making harvests easier.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilizing with a nitrogen-based blend is recommended for increased fruit production – fertilize until your Pendolino starts bearing olives.
5. Harvesting: If you’re wanting to harvest naturally black olives for table use, pick from your Pendolino in November. If you need green olives, harvest from your tree September. Your olives will be amazing either way!
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||20-30 ft.|
|Mature Width:||18-20 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||3-5 years|
|Botanical Name:||Olea europaea 'Pendolino'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,GA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Pendolino Olive Tree
Tree arrived in good shape. Bigger than expected and seems to be healthy and looking good.
My trees arrived in excellent condition and are now continuing to thrive as potted plants on my patio. I am very satisfied with my olive trees.
Everytime I look at my two olive trees, I feel happy. They are beautiful to look at. They are growing so well. They are a sign that I am doing something good in life. We all need that feeling now.