* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Sweet, Organic Peaches Grown at Home
Why Organic Loring Peach Trees?
Peaches are a sweet summer favorite, and you can grow your own, fresh and organic, with our certified USDA Organic Loring Peach Tree.
To kick off the growing season in late spring, the Loring Peach Tree blooms with showy, beautiful pink flowers. Medium-to-large peaches appear in summer, ripening in time for an August harvest.
The freestone fruits have a classic golden-yellow hue with a red blush and sweet, melting flesh. Loring Peaches are ideal for fresh eating, preserves, canning, and processing.
This dwarf peach tree reaches 10 to 15 feet at full maturity. Its compact size makes it ideal for any location in your garden or home orchard. It's perfect for planting in zones 5-8 and requires 750 chill hours.
The best part? These Loring Peach Trees are certified USDA Organic - so you can grow and harvest your own delicious peaches, without harsh chemicals.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
If you're looking for a combination of flowering landscape beauty and delicious, organic fruit, the Organic Loring Peach Tree is the perfect choice. And when you order your Loring Peach Tree from FastGrowingTrees.com, you get a healthy tree with stronger roots and more mature branching. We nurture and ship your Loring Peach Trees with care, so it's ready to deliver as soon as it arrives at your doorstep.
With easy care, organic growth and unbeatably tasty fruit, this Loring Peach Tree is a one-of-a-kind delight. Don't miss out on your own home-grown peaches - order yours today!
Loring Peach Tree (USDA Organic) Pollination
Loring Peach Tree (USDA Organic)s are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Loring Peach Tree (USDA Organic) will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Loring Peach Tree in well-drained soil and in a full sun area (receiving at least 6-8 hours of sunlight a day). Be sure to protect your tree from heavy winds by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree and cover the roots with soil, watering occasionally as you go along to remove any air pockets that may have formed. Gently pat the soil down until the roots are completely covered. Finally, water the planting site and mulch to help retain moisture in the soil.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around your Loring Peach Tree evenly moist. It's best to water once a week, leaving a hose at the base of the tree at a slow drip for a couple of hours. Once the soil around the tree has dried, water the tree again. During times of extreme heat, your tree may need additional water.
Tip: Yellowing of the leaves is a sign of overwatering, while leaves that are dry and brown can be a sign of underwatering.
3. Fertilization: After your tree has been in the ground for 6 weeks, apply 1 lb. of a balanced fertilizer formula such as 12-12-12. In addition, apply ¾ lb. of fertilizer in the spring before new growth. Repeat this in the summer and fall.
4. Pruning: You’ll need to prune your Loring Peach Tree within the first two years to maintain an open center shape and encourage fruiting. Pruning is best done in late winter or early spring - be sure to get rid of dead or broken branches and any branches that are crisscrossing, too.
5. Pollination: The Loring Peach is self-fertile, so you'll get fruit with just one tree. However, planting multiple peach trees together will increase your yield.
Tip: Once your tree begins to fruit, thin your peaches out. Thinning out your peaches will help to increase your overall production. Peaches on the top and outside of the tree will likely be ready to pick first. They will be fully ripe when there is no green left on the skin and they come off with a slight twist.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||12-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus persica 'Loring'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,CA,ID,LA,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|