* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||8-10 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-6 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Ziziphus jujuba 'Empress Gee'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-10 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-10 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
A Unique Fruit Tree for Your Home Orchard
A new cultivar from Korea, the Empress Gee Jujube offers sweeter, larger and deeper-red fruits than other varieties.
Never tried Jujube fruit? They're similar to a tart, crisp apple, with a single stone instead of multiple seeds. They can be eaten dried or fresh, and with myriad health benefits, they're used around the world for teas, wines and juices.
An added benefit? The tree’s abundant, gently sloping branching and bright, glossy green foliage make it an attractive specimen year-round, one that only grows more noteworthy in summer and fall. In mid-summer, the Empress Jujube blooms with abundant white flowers that transform into red fruit that ripens in October.
The Empress Gee Jujube is a smaller, compact Jujube, but it packs a big punch. This fast-growing tree will reach peak fruit production in just a few years, and can live up to 50 years.
Plus, this tree is a hardy grower - it can tolerate some drought once established, as well as temperatures down to -20 degrees, with a natural resistance to pests and disease.
When you buy an Empress Gee Jujube tree from FastGrowingTrees.com, you get a tree that's been carefully planted and nurtured at our nursery, well before it ships to you. Our plant experts ensure your Empress Gee is strong, healthy and ready to thrive in your landscape.
Order your Empress Gee Jujube tree today, and get this unique fruit in your own backyard in no time!
Empress Gee™ Jujube Tree Pollination
Empress Gee™ Jujube Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Empress Gee™ Jujube Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Your Empress Gee Jujube tree prefers well-draining soil and full to partial sun (4-8 hours per day). Once you've found your ideal planting location, dig a hole that's twice the width of the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree, back fill the soil, lightly tamp to remove any air pockets, and water to settle the soil. Finally, we recommend mulching around the area for best results.
*Tip: Make sure your mulch is not touching the base of the trunk.
2. Watering: Once established, your Empress Gee Jujube tree can tolerate some drought, but water regularly while your tree is establishing and to increase fruit yield. Check the soil 2-3 inches down and water when it's dry to the touch.
3. Pruning: Your Empress Gee Jujube may produce suckers (small sprouts) from the roots that should be removed at or below the soil level. Otherwise, prune during the dormant season to remove dead or damaged branches and promote greater air flow and light throughout the tree.
4. Harvesting: The Empress Gee will produce fruit that changes from dark green to yellow-green and then a deep reddish-brown in fall. Pick your jujubes when they begins to change color and the flesh is still crisp for fresh eating, or allow the skin to wrinkle and the color to change to deep red for drying.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Jujube Tree
Jujube Tree_ LOVE IT!
For years I have been looking for Jujube Tree as the fruit is so good. Now, I have one and I am so pleased as it is growing super fast. Thank you Fast Growing Tress - So Much!