* Images shown are of mature plants
Enjoy Ruby-Hued Cherries in Mild Climates!
Why Coral Champagne Cherry Trees?
Love cherry trees, but worried you won't be able to grow them in your year-round warm area? Then we've got the tree for you! One of the most popular cherries produced in California, this deep-pink variety is what you’ve been looking for.
The Coral Champagne Cherry Tree grows well in milder climates, because it requires fewer chill hours than most cherry varieties. Most cherry trees need at least 700 chill hours - when temperatures drop below 45 degrees - to thrive. However, the Coral Champagne only requires around half of that time - only 300 to 400 hours in colder temperatures. That’s why this tree is able to produce a high yield of tasty, glossy-skinned cherries in warmer areas!
The moderately-sized Coral Champagne Cherry Tree is perfect for building your orchard or adding to your fruit tree collection. In the spring, the tree blooms with whimsical white flowers before sprouting picture-perfect cherries. The tree is the ideal complement to your other cherry trees, since it requires a pollinator - for maximum fruit production, choose another cherry like Rainier, Bing, the Brooks Cherry, or the Black Tartarian.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
You're not likely to find a Coral Champagne Cherry Tree at another garden retailer - and we can guarantee that none will be as carefully cultivated as ours. FastGrowingTrees.com’s expert growers ensure your young cherry tree receives the utmost in attention and care. This, in turn, will make your tree healthier as it matures.
Imagine enjoying cherries from your backyard orchard, and order your Coral Champagne Cherry Tree today!
Coral Champagne Cherry Tree Pollination
Coral Champagne Cherry Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Coral Champagne Cherry prefers full sun but will tolerate some shade. Select a location that receives at least six to eight hours of sunlight per day for best results. What’s more, choose an area with well-drained soil.
When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s three times the width of the root ball and just as deep. Plant your tree, back fill the soil, tamp down, and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: During growing season, if your tree receives at least an inch of rain every 10 days, then no additional irrigation is necessary.
If the season is hot and dry, then you may need to provide additional water. The best way to water is by using a slow-trickling garden hose left at the base of the tree. If you’re not sure when to water, check the soil about two or three inches down. If the soil is dry, it’s time to water.
3. Pruning: A year after planting your Coral Champagne Cherry Tree, prune during winter. Shape the tree to encourage horizontal branch growth with space between branches. Prune once a year to remove weak, drooping branches.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize in the spring and mid-summer using nitrogen fertilizer, ideally a complete fertilizer like a 10-10-10. Apply fertilizer two weeks after planting and four weeks after the first application or follow your package instructions. When applying, be sure fertilizer is six to eight inches away from the trunk.
Tip: In colder climates, avoid fertilizing after mid-summer to prevent new growth that won’t harden before fall frosts.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-30 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-15 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus avium 'Coral Champagne'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,CA,ID,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|