* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Cultivate Sweet Cherries in Milder Climates!
Why Brooks Cherry Trees?
Unlike many cherry trees, the Brooks Cherry Tree thrives in mild temperatures. To produce sweet cherries, most trees need more than 700 hours of temperatures dipping below 45 degrees. Not the Brooks Cherry, which only requires 400 to 500 hours of chill to produce an entire season of slightly-tangy, deep red fruit!
The Brooks Cherry is comparable to the popular Bing Cherry in flavor and texture. Both varieties are large, firm, and slightly tart, making them ideal for baking, sauces, and salads. Of course, these antioxidant-rich fruits are also delicious plucked straight from your backyard tree!
If you’ve always wanted to grow a cherry tree in your warmer area, the Brooks Cherry Tree is an ideal choice. Not only does it produce cherries earlier than most trees, but it also doesn’t take up much room in your yard. Only reaching heights of 10 to 20 feet and widths of eight to 10 feet, the Brooks CherryTree fits in well with your other landscaping. What’s more, it can self-pollinate, though it does better when planted with at least one other cherry tree variety.
The Brooks Cherry Tree also requires limited maintenance. If you plant it in well-draining soil and sunlight, your plant will thrive. Keeping it healthy is as simple as watering regularly, fertilizing occasionally, and pruning once a year!
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
The Brooks Cherry is already a low-maintenance tree, but the care and attention it receives in the FastGrowingTrees nursery helps it thrive! Our expert growers ensure your tree is nurtured for a lifetime of development before it arrives on your door - a guarantee other garden retailers can’t promise.
If you ever believed a cherry tree wasn’t in the cards for your warm climate, think again. Order the Brooks Cherry Tree today!
Brooks Cherry Tree Pollination
Brooks Cherry Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional pollinator will drastically increase the size of your crop. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Brooks Cherry prefers full sun but will tolerate some shade. Select a location that receives at least six to eight hours of sunlight per day for best results. Also, choose an area with well-drained soil.
When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s three times the width of the root ball and just as deep. Plant your tree, back fill the soil, tamp down, and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: During the growing season, if your tree receives at least an inch of rain every 10 days, then no additional irrigation is necessary. If the season is hot and dry, then you may need to provide some additional water.
The best way to water is by placing a slow-trickling garden hose at the base of the tree. If you’re not sure if your tree needs water, simply check the soil two or three inches down for dryness.
3. Pruning: A year after planting your Brooks Cherry Tree, prune during winter. Shape the tree to encourage horizontal branch growth with space between branches. Continue pruning once a year to remove weak, drooping branches.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize in the spring and mid-summer using nitrogen fertilizer, ideally a complete fertilizer like a 10-10-10. Apply fertilizer two weeks after planting and four weeks after the first application or follow your package instructions. When applying, be sure fertilizer is six to eight inches away from the trunk.
Tip: In colder climates, avoid fertilizing after mid-summer to prevent new growth that won’t harden before fall frosts.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-20 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus avium 'Brooks'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,CA,ID,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-8 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Ordered on Monday and received in great condition on Friday! Planted same day and tree is thriving. Will be purchasing more trees from this company. Can’t wait till my tree starts producing cherries!
Packaged very well, super fast delivery.