* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15-20 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||September - October|
|Botanical Name:||Malus 'Brandywine'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, ID, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Fragrant, Rosy Blooms and Crabapples
Need a compact tree with ornamental value during every season? The Brandywine Flowering Crabapple has all this and more.
Adaptable to most soil types and tolerant of air pollution, this gorgeous tree is perfect for urban landscapes.
Growing to only 15-20 feet, you'll find plenty of space for this stunning tree, no matter how big or small your yard is.
Of course, the standout feature is the interest it will bring to your yard every season…
· Enchanting spring flowers: Fragrant, rose-colored double blossoms cover the branches in April and May
· Unique summer foliage: Summer's green leaves are tipped with brick-red, adding captivating contrast
· Stunning fall show: Foliage turns reddish-orange and deep purple creating show-stopping value as the weather cools
· Delightful crabapples: Appearing as early as late summer, these chartreuse-red crabapples are mesmerizing next to the warm leaves. Our larger sizes may even leave the nursery with robust crabapples attached!
· Dazzling dormant winter interest: Silvery twigs create sculptural interest in the coldest months
Create a jaw-dropping centerpiece for your small yard, or…
if you have a large yard, plant several in a grouping to captivate your guests all year long.
Birds and butterflies love the crabapple too, so expect to see a variety of fluttering visitors
You can even make crabapple jelly with the autumn fruit… a delicious tradition in many homes during the coldest months.
Adaptable, tolerant, low-maintenance and stunning, you can't go wrong with the Brandywine Flowering Crabapple… Order yours today!
Planting & Care
The Brandywine Flowering Crabapple will perform best if you plant it in well-drained soil in a spot that receives full sun. Plant in a hole twice as wide but just as deep as the root ball. Once planted, cover the ground with a thick layer of mulch.
Watering: As soon as you plant your tree, saturate it with water. If you live in a hot or dry area, water your Brandywine twice a week until it is established. Other climates can water once a week, achieving 1 inch of water each week. Once established, only water as needed during long periods of drought.
Fertilization: Add a 10-10-10 fertilizer in early spring each year if desired.
Pruning: Prune off dead or diseased branches in late winter after the coldest months have passed, but before the spring blooms appear.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Can’t wait to see it blossom!