* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||12-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus persica 'Babcock'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, AR, ID, LA, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-10 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Sweet, Aromatic Peaches in Low Chill Areas
Why Babcock Peach Trees?
Sweet, aromatic, and incomparably juicy, Babcock Peaches are the perfect fruit for home gardeners, particularly since the Babcock Peach Tree performs well in low chill areas and doesn't need a pollinator.
Virtually fuzz-free with firm, freestone fruit, the Babcock Peach is second to none. Showy pink blooms give way to this delectable fruit in the late mid-season, ideal for fresh eating or canning. Because it fruits even later than other low-chill varieties, it's more versatile in a wide range of zones.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Because we’ve nurtured your tree, continually pruning back to encourage more branches, you'll see dramatic, healthy growth. The additional limbs produce significantly more fruit, and grow it much more quickly.
Plus, your Babcock Peach Tree arrives directly to your doorstep with better, fuller branching. You won't find a Babcock like this at your local big-box garden center.
Your Babcock Peach will reward you with delicious fruit sooner than ever before. Order your very own Babcock Peach today!
Babcock Peach Tree Pollination
Babcock Peach Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Babcock Peach Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Babcock Peach Tree in well-drained soil in a location where it will receive full sun (at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight a day). Protect your tree from heavy winds by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Then, place your tree and cover the roots with soil, watering occasionally as you go along to remove any air pockets. Finally, gently pat the soil down until the roots are completely covered.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around your tree moist. Generally, watering once a week by leaving a hose at the base of the tree for a couple of hours is sufficient. Once the soil around the tree has dried, water the tree again. During times of extreme heat, your tree may need additional water.
Tip: Yellowing of the leaves is a sign of overwatering, while leaves that are dry and brown can be a sign of underwatering.
3. Fertilization: After your tree has been in the ground for 6 weeks, apply 1 lb. of a balanced fertilizer formula such as 12-12-12. In addition, apply ¾ lb. of fertilizer in the spring before the tree pushes out new growth. Repeat this process in the summer and fall as well.
4. Pruning: Your tree will need to be pruned the first two years in order to maintain an open center shape and encourage fruit production. Prune your tree in late winter or early spring using pruning shears, making your cuts at a 45-degree angle. Trim away any broken/dead branches and any that are crisscrossing by making your cut right below the dead wood.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, & 4. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zones 5 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
I am very happy with the tree I won’t see fruit till next year and is ok I wish this thing had had advice on pruning
Very well packed. Waiting to transplant. Wished would have been bigger to start with.