* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Famous for its Brilliant, Easy-Growing Foliage
Why American Red Maple Trees?
Vibrant color and rich reds are synonymous with the American Red Maple Tree. The Red Maple truly earns its name, with its red flowers in early spring, red twigs of new growth, and spectacular red leaves in fall. Its dazzling fall show is further diversified with a few orange or gold shades under certain weather conditions.
Even better, the American Red Maple adapts to any environment. The American Red Maple Tree is one of the most populous trees in the eastern U.S. because it adapts so well to many different environments. It is quite drought tolerant, but will grow in wet boggy areas, especially in the Southern portion of its range.
Plus, this ultra-strong Maple grows in nearly any soil type, from sandy loam to heavy clay. And though its leaf colors can be affected by less-than-ideal conditions, it even tolerates pollution and an urban environment.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, its dense foliage makes it ideal to place near a deck or in your front yard. Not only will it provide excellent protection from the summer sun, but it will also boast a brilliant show in fall.
So, you get versatility, but you also get effortlessly adaptability…especially because we’ve planted and grown your American Red for months ahead of shipping. Now, you get a great experience – from healthy roots to well-developed-branching. It’s an experience that’s unique to our nursery.
Change your landscape, beautifully, with this gorgeous shade tree. Order now for fast delivery, fast growth and fresh fall color!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: It's tolerant of soggy soils, but well-drained soil is preferable for your American Red. When you're ready to plant, select a spot where the tree is in full to partial sun exposure (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). Then, dig a hole that's 2 to 3 times the width of your tree's root ball and equal depth.
Place your tree in the planting hole, keeping the top of the root ball even with the ground. Fill a small amount of the soil into the hole to maintain the tree’s upright position and water thoroughly. Once the water has absorbed into the root ball and surrounding soil, fill the remaining soil into the planting hole. Pack firmly and water a second time. Mulch to retain soil moisture and keep competing growth away from the planting site.
2. Watering: During its formative years, your Maple will require weekly watering. Even as it matures, your tree will still need plenty of water during the summer months. Be sure to water correctly - light green leaves are a sign of over-watering, while drooping leaves signify both over-watering and under-watering.
3. Fertilizing: During the first growing season, use only slow-release fertilizer tablets on your new maple. Any 10-10-10 fertilizer is suitable. Fertilize your American Red Maple twice a month when it is coming out of dormancy and once a month during the summer. Discontinue before the tree returns to its dormant state.
4. Pruning: Since Maple Trees bleed sap when their branches are cut, the best time to prune is when the leaves have fully matured. At this time, there will be less sap. Remove all dead or dying branches. Do this before you start cutting live branches; it will give you a better idea of what your tree looks like and how many of the live branches you’re going to need to cut.
Look for large branches growing at narrow angles to the main trunk, branches that are rubbing others or branches that are growing inwards and crossing others. Remove the larger branches.
Maples for Fall: Top 4 Picks for Rich Color
Fall is right around the corner, and we can almost smell the pumpkin spice in the air. While people are prepping for sweater weather and ...
Read the full article
Best Shade Trees
No matter how large or small an outdoor space, adding natural shade with trees provides both reprieve from the sun’s rays, as well as a ...
Read the full article
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
American red maple
I bought this tree for our daughter as a gift. She likes it, says it is growing nicely in her back yard.
Vary good I would get another one if I had room for one
American Red Maple
Arrived in very good condition. Looks healthy going into middle of second week. Would definitely order from company again. Thank you.
It came looking a little disheveled. But I would to if I was in a box and had gone cross country. But it is planted and doing very well. It will be a beautiful addition. Most of our large shade trees have come from you. Thank you!