Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉) 6-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 10-15 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Drought Tolerance:
- Botanical Name:
- Lagerstroemia indica 'Tuscarora'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, GA
California Color, Drought Tolerance, and Easy Growth
Why Tuscarora Crape Myrtles?
Hundreds of coral pink blooms burst forth in a fast-growing, drought-tolerant silhouette – making the Tuscarora Crape Myrtle one-of-a-kind. Plus, because this Tuscarora is grown right in California, it’s perfect for your Golden State landscape, especially since it features disease tolerance for no-hassle care.
Even better is its month-to-month visual interest. Bright green summer foliage transforms, giving way to blazing orange-red hues during the fall. And smooth, light cinnamon-brown bark provides an eye-catching pop year-round, even during wintry chill.
Did we mention that it's cold hardy down to 0 degrees? It's nearly impossible to find a Crape Myrtle that thrives in the desert heat and frigid cold, but the Tuscarora fits the bill.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part about the Tuscarora Crape Myrtle is that it offers more than just good looks. For starters, this tree is specifically chosen for top benefits since it’s hand-selected by horticulturists. It’s a proven performer, whether you plant it as a large shrub or landscape focal point tree.
And because it’s planted, monitored and shipped with care, all with its roots intact, you get amazing perks.
Finally, it’s Golden State-grown, so it’s ready to thrive in your California landscape without extra effort on your part. The work has been done, long before your Tuscarora arrives at your door. If you live in California, the Tuscarora Crape is a must-have – order yours before they’re gone!
Customer Reviews & Photos
As described. Very nice. Stake was broken but trees not damaged. Will do business with this company again
Great service, tree arrived on time and looks great!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Because they’re tolerant of drought, disease, air pollution and more, Tuscarora Crape Myrtles are ideal for hassle-free maintenance.
However, it’s important to keep the best practices in mind. When it’s time to plant, choose an area with at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day and well-draining soil. It’s adaptable, however, so soil type shouldn’t be a problem.
After selecting a location for your Tuscarora, dig a hole that’s at least two to three times wider than your tree’s root ball. After placing your Crape Myrtle, backfill its soil, tamp down to avoid air pockets and lastly, water to help establish its roots.
2. Watering: Though it’s drought-tolerant, your Tuscarora Crape Myrtle will benefit from regular watering (one thorough watering each week) until establishment. If you’re not sure when to water your tree, simply check the surrounding soil, down to around 2 or 3 inches. If the surrounding soil is dry, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Tuscarora Crape Myrtle with a well-balanced fertilizer during early spring.
4. Pruning: You won’t have to do much pruning, but you should thin young Tuscaroras during late winter or early spring.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 7-10 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|