* Images shown are of mature plants
Attract Butterflies and More with This Stunning Tree
Why True Blue Butterfly Bush?
Experience the rarest color in nature with this true-blue Butterfly Bush. This Blue Butterfly Bush is one of the most eye-popping accent trees you can grow in your garden. Atop the tree sits panicle clusters of fragrant blue-purple flowers, nestled amid unique silver-gray foliage.
Those honey-scented blossoms attract not only the eye, but beneficial wildlife as well. Admire the butterflies and hummingbirds who stop to enjoy the blue flowers. The showy flowers bloom throughout the season, providing interest from spring to the first frost.
The strong stems and upright habit of the Butterfly Bush make it an excellent choice for small garden beds, containers, and borders. The True Blue Butterfly Bush will feel right at home in a cottage, Mediterranean, or rustic garden. It adapts well to pruning, allowing you to shape it as you wish - and this Butterfly Bush comes pruned into a unique, elegant tree form!
The plant grows well in zones 5-10. Considered extremely drought-tolerant, it is capable of handling the heat. Add this unique bloomer to your garden today!
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
If you're looking for an easy-care, high-impact Buddleia, you've found the right one! The True Blue Butterfly Bush is the ultimate option for bright blue-purple blooms and a sturdy, non-flopping habit. Carefully cultivated for assured satisfaction, the True Blue Butterfly Bush is a solid, versatile garden choice for mass plantings, focal points, containers and more!
Order your True Blue Butterfly Bush today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location that receives ample sunlight. These plants prefer 6+ hours of direct sunlight daily. However, they can still do well in a partially shaded spot. This still means they would need at least 2 to 4 hours of direct morning sunlight, and they can tolerate afternoon shade.
After choosing your area, dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the container that the plant arrives in. Place your plant in the hole so that the top of the soil is even with the surrounding soil level. Backfill with a mixture of native soil and compost. Water after every few inches to settle the soil and remove any air pockets that may have formed. When done, tamp the soil, water the plant in, and cover the area with mulch to protect the roots and help them conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Ensure the area has well-draining soil. Once planted, your Butterfly Bush should be watered once or twice weekly. The soil must be moist at least 6 to 8 inches deep. Once watered, allow the soil to dry out before watering again.
3. Fertilizing: Butterfly Bushes rarely need fertilizer unless you're dealing with poor soil conditions. If that is the case, you can use a slow-release fertilizer for your plants. Follow the instructions on the package of your fertilizer and be certain to water deeply afterwards.
4. Pruning: These plants can be pruned annually. Although it's not required, you can remove spent blooms on the plant to encourage more blooms. Butterfly Bushes can also be pruned towards the ground for shaping, during the plant's dormancy period in late fall to early winter.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||4-6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2-3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Buddleia 'Bostulu'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|