* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||5 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Lagerstroemia indica 'Monkie'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
Months of Vibrant Pink Blooms
Why Petite Pinkie™ Crape Myrtle Trees?
With its vibrant blossoms and compact size, the Petite Pinkie™ Crape Myrtle is sure to steal the show in any space this summer! Petite Pinkie™ is a dwarf variety, perfect for planting alone or in groupings. Plus, its compact size makes it suitable for urban gardening.
Vivid, showy clusters of delicate, pink, crepe-like flowers elevate the Petite Pinkie. It has shrub-like qualities, with a smooth bark texture and bright green foliage to complement its show-stopping blooms. Petite Pinkie™ is a deciduous variety, though it blooms in late summer and into fall for months of color.
As an added bonus, Petite Pinkie™ also attracts pollinators like bees, butterflies, and other wildlife. Petite Pinkie™ may look small, but it can hold its own in humidity, drought, and poor soil conditions, thriving and delivering unmatched visual interest effortlessly.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
You won’t find a healthier Petite Pinkie Crape Myrtle. Because we’ve planted, grown and shipped your tree with meticulous care, you get a hassle-free variety that’s ready to thrive in your landscape and burst with color, faster.
In fact, when you buy our larger sizes, you can get explosive color as soon as the first season.
We've nurtured this tree to perfection, so it will be ready to light up your landscape as soon as you plant it. Carefree elegance is just a click away - order yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Crape Myrtles are full sun lovers, so try and find a spot where they will get as much as possible. Other than that, this tree prefers well-drained soil.
Dig your hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Lightly comb your hands over the root ball to free up the roots a bit before planting. Place your tree in the hole and make sure that the root crown (where the root ball meets the trunk(s) of the tree) is level with the soil surface. Mulch the area around the tree to conserve water moisture and deter competing weeds.
2. Watering: Crape Myrtles are drought tolerant but may need a bit more attention with watering during the hot summer season. Depending on your soil, you may need to water more frequently. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check your surrounding soil about 3 inches down.
3. Fertilizing: Your Crape will greatly benefit from a light application of a complete, balanced, slow-release fertilizer formula in the early spring and summer seasons.
4. Pruning: Remove all but 4 to 5 strong trunks and then remove the lateral branches around the bottom half of the tree. To encourage branching, make your cuts on the longer, leggy limbs.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 6 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$79 +||FREE SHIPPING!|