* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Part Shade/Part Sun (Zones 6-9) Full Sun (Zones 4-6)|
|Botanical Name:||Hydrangea quercifolia|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Bold Color Lasts Nearly Year-Round
Why Oakleaf Hydrangea Shrubs?
Famous for unique foliage in bright red, yellow, and orange hues, the Oakleaf Hydrangea brings eye-catching interest that goes beyond its iconic blooms. Plus, you get the large, full flowers you love in a hydrangea...often for weeks at a time.
And it doesn't require constant maintenance. Named for its huge, unique leaves, the Oakleaf merges carefree growth with gradated leaves, multicolor blooms that transition from white to pink, and enduring color.
Missed waterings? No problem. When it comes to Oakleaf, you'll have a landscape star that thrives on neglect. Try a border for a tidy shrub and create a rainbow of color next to your driveway. Plant next to evergreens in your flower beds, or even pot up for entryways. The Oakleaf does it all and looks great in cut bouquets, too.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We’ve nurtured and hand-picked your Oakleaf Hydrangea for best growth...now, you also get a proven performer that takes your curb appeal to the next level. And unlike other big-box retailers or local nurseries, we never ship bare-root.
That means you get better roots, bigger blooms, bold color, and robust branching delivered right to your door.
We’ve done the extra work in cultivating the best Oakleaf Hydrangea possible so that you get the best of the best. Order your own Oakleaf Hydrangea today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, choose an area with full sun to partial shade for your Oakleaf Hydrangea (simply shield it from excessive afternoon sun). The Oakleaf grows easily in organically-rich soil that’s somewhat moist but well-drained. However, it thrives in most soil types and prefers summer mulch.
To plant your Oakleaf Hydrangea, dig a hole deep enough to cover its root ball. After placing your plant, tamp down the soil while backfilling to avoid air pockets. Water your Oakleaf to settle the soil that surrounds the roots.
2. Watering: Water deeply and regularly during the first full growing season so that your Oakleaf Hydrangea’s root system becomes well-established. To test when and how much to water, check the top 2 to 3 inches of soil – if it’s dry, it’s time to water until it’s moist but not oversaturated. During times of drought, the Oakleaf should be watered twice weekly instead of once weekly.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Oakleaf Hydrangea regularly during the growing season – this helps your plant to establish and thrive in your landscape.
4. Pruning: Prune if needed immediately after flowering. Any winter-damaged stems may be pruned in early spring, and some additional pruning for shaping purposes is fine.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|