Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 4-6 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 4-6 ft.
- Part Shade/Part Sun (Zones 6-9) Full Sun (Zones 5-6)
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hydrangea serrata 'Bluebird'
- Does Not Ship To:
Rich Blue Color + Reblooming Flowers
Why Let's Dance® Blue Jangles Hydrangea Shrubs?
Blooms even after late-spring frosts. Bred specifically to bloom on "new wood" (current season's growth) as well as "old wood" (last season's stems), Let's Dance Blue Jangles Hydrangea can be nipped by a late-spring frost and still produce flowers later that same summer! This is an improvement over other bigleaf hydrangeas that form flower buds only on older growth.
• Huge flowers on compact shrubs. Let's Dance Blue Jangles Hydrangea produces mophead flowers -- huge rounded flower heads -- on mounding plants that reach only 2-3 feet tall and wide. These shrubs stay neat and tidy, with dense foliage and a profusion of flowers.
• Flower color dependent on soil. Let's Dance Blue Jangles Hydrangea may produce blue, pink or purple flowers, depending on the pH of your soil. In acidic soils, you'll enjoy blue flowers, and in alkaline (or basic) soils, the blooms will be pink!
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We’ve nurtured and hand-picked your Blue Jangles Hydrangea for best growth.
Now, because we've put in the hard work at the nursery, you get a proven performer that takes your curb appeal to the next level. And unlike other big-box retailers or local nurseries, we don't ship bare-root.
Your Blue Jangles has better roots, bigger blooms, and bolder color delivered right to your door.
We’ve done the extra work to cultivate the best Bluebird Hydrangea possible. And you won't have to lift a finger to get the best yard on the block. Order your own Blue Jangles Hydrangea today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, choose an area with full sun to partial shade for your Hydrangea (simply shield it from excessive afternoon sun). The Blue Jangles grows easily in organically-rich soil that’s somewhat moist but well-drained and acidic. However, it thrives in most soil types and prefers summer mulch.
To plant your Blue Jangles Hydrangea, dig a hole deep enough to cover its root ball. After placing your plant, tamp down the soil while backfilling to avoid air pockets. Water your Blue Jangles to settle the soil that surrounds the roots.
2. Watering: Water deeply and regularly during the first full growing season so that your Blue Jangles Hydrangea’s root system becomes well-established. To test when and how much to water, check the top 2 to 3 inches of soil – if it’s dry, it’s time to water until it’s moist but not oversaturated. During times of drought, the Blue Jangles should be watered twice weekly instead of once weekly.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Hydrangea regularly during the growing season.
4. Pruning: If needed, prune immediately after flowering. Any winter-damaged stems may be pruned in early spring.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99 +||Free Shipping with code FREE99|