* Images shown are of mature plants
The Best Olives for Olive Oil!
Why Koroneiki Greek Olive Trees?
A native of Greece, the Koroneiki Olive is considered the most important variety in olive oil production. It's been cultivated for over 3000 years, primarily for the commercial production of olive oil - and now, you can grow your own at home!
This certified-USDA Organic tree has all the classic elegance of the Olive Tree, with glossy, pointed evergreen leaves. In May, the Koroneiki Olive will bloom with aromatic, cream-colored flowers, which lead into green, oval-shaped fruits that mature to a dark burgundy.
The Koroneiki Olive is known for its huge yields - the fruits will ripen and be ready for harvest in October or November. It produces full-flavored olives that are rich in nutrients and perfect for pressing into delicious olive oil. (Since these olives are used primarily for olive oil, they won't make a great snack.)
Plant your organic Koroneiki Olive in the ground in growing zones 8-11, or keep it as an indoor or patio plant in cooler climates. Self-pollinating, this Olive Tree doesn't require an additional tree to produce fruit - although you'll get a greater yield with multiple!
And the best part? Our Koroneiki Olive Tree is certified USDA Organic - meaning you can get a bountiful harvest of delicious olives, without harsh chemicals or sprays.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
Love olive oil - and an elegant, Mediterranean look This beautiful and functional Olive Tree will make a perfect addition to your home or landscape. And when you get your Koroneiki Olive Tree from FastGrowingTrees.com, you get a happy, healthy tree that's been grown with care at our nursery - long before it ships to you.
With strong roots, more mature branching and easy care, you could get fresh, organic olives as soon as the first year. Order your organic Koroneiki Olive today!
Koroneiki Greek Olive Tree - USDA Organic Pollination
Koroneiki Greek Olive Tree - USDA Organics are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Koroneiki Greek Olive Tree - USDA Organic will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location that receives full or partial sun - any area that gets 6 hours or more sun per day is optimal. When you're ready to plant, dig your hole to easily accommodate the entire root system, place your tree in the hole and tamp to remove any air pockets. We recommend you stake your young tree to help its root system develop. Remove the stake after the tree’s trunk grows wider. Finally, water your Koroneiki Olive thoroughly.
If planting your Koroneiki Olive in a container (best for growing zones 4-8), choose a container 1-2 sizes larger than your Olive Tree's shipped container. Put a small amount of well-draining potting soil in the bottom of your pot, center your tree and backfill with soil. Water well, and place your Olive Tree in a sunny spot.
2. Watering: When your tree’s root system becomes established, your Koroneiki Greek Olive Tree will be extremely drought resistant. Until that time, water the young tree every third day for the first 2 weeks, then once every 2 weeks. After that, give your tree light watering (about 30 seconds with a hose) each week for the first few months. Monitor your tree for necessary watering requirements from there - if the soil is dry down to around 2 or 3 inches, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Greek Olive Tree only after planting. Use a slow-release fertilizer to boost nitrogen.
4. Pruning: You can prune your Koroneiki Olive Tree to the shape you desire. Prune in mid-February and in the fall, removing low branches and tips of stems that have grown too long.
Keep in mind that olives bear fruit on the previous year’s growth, so only a light pruning is necessary!
FGT Tip: Plant your Greek Olive Tree away from sidewalks to avoid stains from fallen ripe fruit.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-12 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||October - November|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Olea europaea 'Koroneiki'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|