Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉) 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 6-12 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 6-8 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- August and December
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st year!
- Botanical Name:
- Citrus aurantifolia
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CA, FL, LA, TX
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
A Lifetime of Limes, All Grown Organically
Why USDA Organic Key Lime Trees?
The fresh scent of the Florida Keys is just a click away with the high-quality Key Lime Tree. Delicious, richly-green fruit decorates this tree’s silhouette in a smattering of crisp flavor, yielding bushels of juicy limes from your garden, deck or patio. Even better? This Key Lime is organically-grown.
And the Key Lime Tree thrives and delivers delicious, unmatched flavor. As the chillier months roll in, you can place your Key Lime Tree in a container and bring it indoors. This versatile, adaptable pick is a must-have and imparts a bold, tropical aroma to your favorite space, in or out. Its small, portable size boasts a high yield of deliciously tart Key Limes.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, Key Lime Trees are self-pollinating and will bear tons of fruit, reliably, season after season. And because your Key Lime Tree is naturally resistant to the pests and diseases that other citrus plants experience, its organic growth is easy to maintain. It's super hardy too, so it adapts to most soils for virtually no maintenance or hassle. But the best part is that you can be assured you're getting a certified USDA product because we greenhouse-grown our Key Limes for all-natural success. Now, you reap the benefits of this growth and fast, easy fruiting for yourself.
The ability to plant year-round is an added perk that makes the Key Lime Tree irresistible.
Order today to expand your outdoor or indoor garden, organically and effortlessly!
Key Lime Tree - USDA Organic Pollination
Key Lime Tree - USDA Organics are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Key Lime Tree - USDA Organic will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
BEAUTIFUL LITTLE KEY LIME TREES
Healthy, full, bushy little Trees. Planted in containers when they arrived, and growing well. Expect some fruit next year!
Key Lime Tree
Overall good. Impressed how relatively healthy the trees were upon arrival. One tree is having a difficult time trying to thrive. I planted both trees within hours upon delivery with good soil from Home Depot. I also watered them with a food water mixture as soon as they were potted. One tree is outstanding and the other is 90 percent. I keep getting yellow leaves and I'm not sure why. The soils PH and nutrient levels should be good. I think the plant is in shock maybe and needs a little bit of time to recoup. Maybe Fast Growing Trees had a different idea?
There is sometimes a little transplant/travel shock. It usually just takes a little time and the tree will recover. Be careful not to overwater, they like good drainage and to dry out just a little between waterings.
So Far so Good!
It’s still in my greenhouse as I wait for warmer weather.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a spot where your tree is going to get plenty of sunlight - 6 to 8 hours per day is best. They can tolerate some shade in hotter zones but thrive in full sun. These trees also do better in areas with high humidity so you may need to create some for your tree by misting the leaves daily with water. Potted plants do enjoy a daily misting for humidity but placing a tray with rocks filled with water under the plant will feed humidity to the tree as the water evaporates.
A planter with built-in casters is a good choice so it can easily be moved. Choose a pot slightly larger than what it was shipped in that has plenty of holes in the bottom to allow for drainage. Be sure to plant in well-draining potting soil preferably recommended for acid-loving citrus plants.
Place your tree in an area of your home, preferably a south-facing window, where it is going to get plenty of sunlight. Supplement with a grow light if it will not receive at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight a day. You may also need to create humidity for your tree by placing the pot on a saucer of pebbles or misting the leaves daily with water.
2. Watering: Be sure to give your tree a deep watering so that it can penetrate into the root system. After watering, allow the top 2 to 3 inches of the soil to dry out completely before watering again.
For potted Key Lime Trees, stick your index finger into the soil down to about 2 inches. If there is moisture present, hold off on watering until it feels drier at that depth. When ready to water, stop once you see it escaping the drainage holes at the base of the pot.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Key Lime tree during the warmer spring and summer seasons with a citrus-specific fertilizer once every six weeks, such as the one included in our Citrus Care Kit.
During the fall and winter season, ease back to fertilizing once every 2 to 3 months. Once the tree has matured a bit and has got a few years on it, you can skip the cold season fertilization. Make sure to follow the application instructions written on the fertilizer bag.
4. Pollination: Though this tree is self-fertile, you can pollinate your indoor trees by hand. Simply take a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of the bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush. Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated.
5. Pruning: Pruning can be done at any time of the year for the potted Key Lime.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99+||FREE SHIPPING with code SHIP99|