* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Months of Blooms on a Space-Saving Shrub
Why Enduring Summer Crape Myrtles?
Get a huge number of eye-catching blooms in the tightest spaces in your garden with the Enduring Summer Crape Myrtle. A compact flowering shrub that only grows to about 4 to 5 feet tall, it can fit anywhere and offers the iconic good looks of the Crape without the large size.
So, you get tons of flowers in any space. The Enduring Summer grows clusters of vibrant red blooms that last from the summer to fall, for at least four months of breathtaking flowers.
And you can put your shears and sprays away since the drought-tolerant and mold resistant Enduring Summer grows without the need for pruning or chemicals. From verandas to borders to city streets or even containers on your patio, the Enduring Summer resists heat, pollution and more to deliver eye-catching good looks.
Even better is the fact that it thrives in frigid weather, all the way down to 0 degrees. Crape Myrtles that thrive in northern areas this cold are almost unheard-of, but the Enduring Summer brings vibrancy to the chilliest climates.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
With your Enduring Summer Crape Myrtle, you get versatility in planting, adaptability in growth and hassle-free care. We’ve planted, grown and shipped each Crape Myrtle with a healthy, developed root system, directly to your door.
And when you order our larger sizes, you get color and fuller growth almost immediately. You won’t find these larger-sized, well-developed Crapes at your local big-box store or nursery.
Rich color and effortless good looks are just a click away – experience the beauty of our Enduring Summer Crape Myrtle for yourself today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a spot with well-drained soil and full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) for optimal blooming. After you have found your planting area, make your hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Carefully remove the Myrtle’s root ball from the container, place it into the hole and make sure that the root crown (where the root ball meets the trunk of the tree) is level with the soil surface.
Tamp down the soil lightly as you backfill the hole to prevent air pockets from forming and then water after you’ve finished to settle the soil. Mulch the area around the tree to conserve water moisture and deter competing weeds.
2. Watering: After planting your young tree, water about once or twice each week until it’s established. If you live in an especially hot climate, you may need to water up to five times weekly. During the cooler seasons, you’ll only need to water once weekly.
If you’re not sure when to water, simply check your surrounding soil with your finger – if the soil is dry 3 or 4 inches down, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Your Enduring Summer Crape will benefit from a light application of a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in the early spring and summer. Follow label instructions when fertilizing your Crape.
4. Pruning: You won’t need to prune your Enduring Summer Crape Myrtle unless you’d like to shape it. To encourage branching, make your cuts, with clean shears, on the longer, leggy limbs. Remove any damaged, diseased, or crossing branches during the late winter. Also, remove any low-growing branches (also known as suckers) if you’d like a more upright, tree-like look.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||4-5 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-5 ft.|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- crepe myrtle
As always super pleased with your products. Healthy plants and expert packaging. Keep up the good work!
My crepe myrtle is healthy and has settled in and I am looking forward to it blooming next summer.
Healthy Crepe Myrtle
Packaged securely, received a beautiful sturdy Crepe Myrtle—it even had buds on it! Hoping for a successful Winter survival & a Spring/Summer of healthy flowering!
I bought two Enduring Summer Crape Myrtles. They arrived in good shape and are doing very well, so far. The buds are a pretty red.
Arrived in beautiful condition. It’s doing very well, our temperatures have been in the upper 90’s to three digits & it’s doing great. Plan on more purchases, thank you