* Images shown are of mature plants
Narrow Cherry Tree for Large Landscape Impact
Why Columnar Sargent Cherry Tree?
The Columnar Sargent Cherry Tree is a hardy, upright tree that makes a great vertical, accent for landscapes large and small. It produces a beautiful show of fragrant, pink flowers in early spring, with glossy, red-brown bark and brick red leaves in fall.
The Columnar Sargent Cherry's tall, skinny form makes it ideal for lining streets and driveways where it proves a visually appealing pop of color. It also produces small, pea-sized fruits that ripen to a dark purple in June and July, providing additional visual appeal as well as a nice treat for birds to snack on!
This tree will grow to about 30 ft. tall at maturity for an eye-catching, hard-to-miss landscape display. What's more? It requires little maintenance once established and is less susceptible to diseases than other Flowering Cherry Trees.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
For a profusion of pink blooms on a pleasing, narrow tree form, choose the Columnar Sargent Cherry Tree. You can be confident this tree has been carefully nurtured well before it reaches your door, so it'll be ready to thrive for you.
If you’re looking for a stunning flowering tree to accent your borders, the Columnar Sargent Cherry Tree is the perfect option. Place an order for yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Before planting, it’s important to choose a location with enough space to accommodate the size of your tree. Plant in a sunny spot (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day. Make sure that the soil is well-draining as this tree is not tolerant of “wet feet." If you have clay soil, try adding in organic material to aid with drainage.
After you’ve selected a suitable location, dig a hole that’s at least two to three times wider than your tree’s root ball. Once you’ve placed your tree, backfill its soil, tamp down to avoid air pockets, and lastly, water to help establish its roots. Planting can be done in the fall or early spring.
2. Watering: Water your tree regularly during the growing season (approximately one thorough watering each week is fine).
If you’re not sure when to water your tree, simply check its surrounding soil, down to around 2 or 3 inches. If the soil in this area is dry, it’s time to water. Try not to overwater, as this will discourage blooming and growth.
3. Pruning: It’s advisable to prune your tree after every blooming season to minimize winter damage.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize your tree in early spring to give it a boost. Be sure to follow product application instructions carefully.
5. Winter Protection: Your tree will need some additional protection if you live in a colder climate. Make sure to avoid excess weight on the branches during winter to minimize breakage and to protect from late frosts to encourage flowering.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||20-30 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15-20 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Full Sun to Part Shade|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus sargentii 'Columnaris'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,CA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-7 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|