* Images shown are of mature plants
Golden, Garden-Brightening Blooms
Why Columnar Goldenchain Tree?
Characterized by densely packed clusters of bright yellow flowers that gracefully hang in clusters, the Columnar Goldenchain Tree will be a delightful addition to your landscape. Its heavy blooms deliver an outstanding display in spring, dramatically changing your landscape’s appeal.
This vase-shaped tree reaches up to 15 to 20 feet high and 10-15 feet wide. It grows very upright, creating a columnar shape that adds texture to your landscape. Its bright green foliage features clusters of three leaflets, beautifully contrasting its yellow blooms, which appear in late spring. It’s important to note that this tree can be toxic to animals and humans.
The Goldenchain Tree stays compact, so it's perfect for growing near a house, patio, or driveway where space may be limited. The root system also stays small, making this specimen happy to be container-grown if desired.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
The Columnar Goldenchain Tree is truly a fast-growing tree, increasing in size by about 24 inches every year. This variety has been carefully monitored and nurtured by us to ensure that what you get delivered to your front door is a top-notch product, proven to perform well in your landscape.
If you’re looking for a stunning flowering tree to accent your borders, the Columnar Goldenchain Tree is the perfect option. Place an order for one today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Before planting, it’s important to choose a location with enough space to accommodate the size of your tree. Furthermore, your Goldenchain Tree should be planted in a sunny spot (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day. Make sure that the soil is well-draining as this tree is not tolerant of “wet feet." If you have clay soil, try adding in organic material to aid with drainage.
After you’ve selected a suitable location, dig a hole that’s at least two to three times wider than your tree’s root ball. Once you’ve placed your tree, backfill its soil, tamp down to avoid air pockets, and lastly, water to help establish its roots. Planting can be done in the fall or early spring.
2. Watering: Water your tree regularly during the growing season (approximately one thorough watering each week is fine).
But if you’re not sure when to water your tree, simply check its surrounding soil, down to around 2 or 3 inches. If the soil in this area is dry, it’s time to water. Try not to overwater as it will discourage blooming and growth.
3. Pruning: It’s advisable to prune your tree after every blooming season to minimize winter damage.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize your tree in early spring to give it a boost. Be sure to follow product application instructions carefully.
5. Winter Protection: Your Goldenchain Tree will need some additional protection if you live in a colder climate. Make sure to avoid excess weight on the branches during winter to minimize breakage and to protect from late frosts to encourage flowering.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Laburnum anagyroides ‘Fastigiata’|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|