* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Small Red Fruit with International Appeal
Known for its small red fruit and tart taste, the Chico Jujube can add international appeal to your home orchard.
Its prized fruits, which look like small apples, are used around the world to create teas, wines, and juices - and you can eat them fresh or dried, benefiting from the Jujube's anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties.
Even better? This compact, fast-growing tree is an attractive landscape addition, with sloping branching, glossy green foliage that turns yellow in fall, and plentiful white blooms in summer.
Despite its diminutive size, mature Chico Jujube trees produce bushels of fruit. These trees can even bear fruit in their early years.
The Chico Jujube ripens earlier than other jujube varieties, with more tart flavor than other cultivars. And it's primed for hardy growth, surviving periods of drought and temperatures down to -20 degrees while remaining pest- and disease resistant.
When you buy a Chico Jujube tree from FastGrowingTrees.com, you get a tree that's been carefully planted and nurtured at our nursery, well before it ships to you. Our plant experts ensure your Chico Jujube tree is strong, healthy and ready to thrive in your landscape.
Order your Chico Jujube tree today, and get this unique fruit in your own backyard in no time!
Chico Jujube Tree Pollination
Chico Jujube Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Chico Jujube Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Your Chico Jujube tree prefers well-draining soil and full to partial sun (4-8 hours per day). Once you've found your ideal planting location, dig a hole that's twice the width of the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree, back fill the soil, lightly tamp to remove any air pockets, and water to settle the soil. Finally, we recommend mulching around the area for best results.
*Tip: Make sure your mulch is not touching the base of the trunk.
2. Watering: Once established, your Chico Jujube tree will be drought-tolerant, but water regularly while your tree is establishing and to increase fruit yield. Check the soil 2-3 inches down and water when it's dry to the touch.
3. Pruning: Your Chico Jujube may produce suckers (small sprouts) from the roots that should be removed at or below the soil level. Otherwise, prune during the dormant season to remove dead or damaged branches and promote greater air flow and light throughout the tree.
4. Harvesting: Your Chico Jujube will produce fruit that changes from dark green to yellow-green and then a deep reddish-brown in fall. Pick your jujubes when they begins to change color and the flesh is still crisp for fresh eating, or allow the skin to wrinkle and the color to change to deep red for drying.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-10 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-6 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Ziziphus jujuba 'GA 866'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-10 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Jujube Tree
- flower buds
The tree is really healthy, I am happy with this purchase.
My jujube tree arrived in great condition and is even starting to produce flower buds just a few weeks after planting! So excited!