* Images shown are of mature plants
Braeburn & Gala Twisted Apple Tree CareView Full Planting & Care Instructions
Sunlight These Apples thrive in full sun, so make sure you plant in a spot that receives at least 6 hours of direct sunlight each day.
Watering Water regularly each week when the soil gets dry 2-3 inches down. Make sure to water more often if the tree is potted or there is a period of drought.
Fertilizing Follow label instructions on an apple-specific fertilizer, usually applying several times from April until August.
Crisp Gala Apples + Juicy Breaburns on One Tree
Why Braeburn & Gala Twisted Apple Trees?
One of the country's most popular apple varieties, the Gala Apple Tree produces first years earlier than other trees. And since it’s low-maintenance, it’s simple to get delicious harvests all your own.
Even better? It comes with a Braeburn Apple Tree in the same pot! Because That means you’ll get tons of bushels of apples when your tree is mature, without effort or harsh chemicals. Imagine the sweet, robust taste of Gala Apples and Braeburn Apples from your own garden – along with their crisp, firm texture and hardy strength. You can snack on them right off the branches, use them for baking or even store them for up to six months.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Our Apple Trees are pruned back and trained to develop a massive branching structure. This process means more work and an extra year for us, but the difference you experience is dramatic.
Plus, it's almost impossible to find a tree like this at your local big-box store. But when you order from Fast Growing Trees, you get two delicious varieties in one.
Don't wait several years to start picking your apples - plant a more developed tree for earlier fruit and a lifetime of apples with our Braeburn & Gala Twisted Apple Tree!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, choose a location with full sun, which means at least six hours of direct sunlight each day. Well-drained soil is essential, but your Apple Tree adapts to most soil types. Once you've selected your location, dig a hole that's twice the width of the root ball and just as deep. Then, place your tree, tamp down the surrounding soil and water to settle the roots. Finally, mulch around the tree for the best results.
*Tip: Make sure your mulch is not touching the base of the trunk.
2. Watering: Your Apple will benefit from a regular watering schedule each week. You may need to water more often in times of extreme heat or drought. But if you're not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil, down to about 2 inches. If it's dry here, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: Once your tree has become established and is starting to bear fruit, it will need some periodic, moderate pruning. Only prune the tree during times of dormancy, making sure to remove any vigorous, upright stems which are quite common in the upper portion of the tree. Weak, damaged, or dead branches should also be removed for even better performance.
Braeburn & Gala Twisted Apple Tree Pollination
Braeburn & Gala Twisted Apple Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional pollinator will drastically increase the size of your crop. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
- Fuji Apple Tree
- Granny Smith Apple Tree
- Red Delicious Apple Tree
- Honeycrisp™ Apple Tree
- Winesap Apple Tree
- McIntosh Apple Tree
- Pink Lady® Apple Tree
- Golden Delicious Apple Tree
- Arkansas Black Apple Tree
- Fuji & Haralson Twisted Apple Tree
- Honeycrisp™ & Cortland Twisted Apple Tree
- Honeycrisp™ & McIntosh Twisted Apple Tree
- Honeycrisp™ & Sweet Sixteen Twisted Apple Tree
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||1-3 years|
|Botanical Name:||Malus 'Gala' & Malus domestica 'Braeburn'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,CA,ID,OR,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|