* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||1-3 ft.|
|Mature Width:||1-4 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Juniperus squamata 'Blue Star'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Cool Blue Hues and Easy Evergreen Growth
Why Blue Star Juniper Shrubs?
Add a delightful twist to your garden with the Blue Star Juniper. This needled evergreen shrub with silver-blue foliage is ideal for growing in dry, and stony areas - adding interest to garden beds in even the toughest conditions.
The Blue Star Juniper tends to grow out rather than up, reaching just 1-3 feet in height and creating a delightful mound of blue-green color. Its vibrant, unique foliage offers a great contrast in monochromatic green gardens, while its spreading growth adds character to any landscape space. A slow grower, the Blue Star Juniper will provide year-round beauty once established.
The best part? The Blue Star Juniper is an incredibly resilient and versatile shrub. Your Blue Star will thrive in light soil with great drainage - but it can tolerate other soils, including dry or clay soil. Just plant in full sun and provide regular water while it's establishing!
If you’re looking for a dwarf plant with densely packed foliage and unique color, then the Blue Star Juniper makes a great choice for your garden.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
Our Blue Star Juniper is a proven performer, with dense, evergreen foliage and year-round growth. Plus, we choose the best Blue Stars on the market and nurture them with care before we ship to you. That means your Blue Star Juniper will arrive at your door fuller and better developed, with a healthy, intact root system that's ready to thrive in your landscape.
We’ve put in the extra work, so you can reap the rewards. Order your Blue Star Juniper Shrub today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location with full sun (6 to 8 hours of sun per day) and ideally well-drained soil. However, the Blue Star Juniper shrub is highly adaptable, drought resistant and easy-to-grow in most soil types.
When it’s time to plant your shrub, start by digging a hole that’s at least twice the width of the root ball. After placing your shrub in its hole, backfill the soil, tamp down, and water to establish the root system.
If you're container planting, select a pot that's twice the width of your shrub's shipped container and ensure it has drainage holes. Use organic soil mix, place your shrub, and put the pot in a sunny location on your porch or patio.
2. Watering: Water your new Blue Star Juniper regularly and deeply during its first growing season to help it establish – weekly, or more often during extreme heat. Once your Blue Star Juniper has acclimated to your landscape, you can reduce your watering frequency. If you’re not sure when to water, simply check the soil – if it’s dry down to around 2 inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: You can fertilize your Blue Star plant in the late winter or early spring during its first year - a general 10-10-10 fertilizer is the ideal option to use. Once established, you won’t need regular fertilization.
4. Pruning: Since it has slow growth, you will hardly need to prune your Blue Star Juniper. However, you can prune as needed to shape for your landscape or garden setting.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- apartment house
- community garden
Love this plant! Easy to manage, looks great.
Excellent! I would definitely recommend this product and company for all your outdoor plant needs!
I bought four of these shrubs - two for the front of an apartment house and two for a community garden. I can't tell you how beautiful they are. Very well packaged. Don't hesitate.