Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉) 6-10 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 10-12 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 8 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Lagerstroemia indica 'Shell Pink’
- Does Not Ship To:
Coral Pink Blooms + Black Foliage for Unique Contrast
Why Black Diamond® Shell Pink™ Crape Myrtle Shrubs?
A one-of-a-kind spin on the classic Crape, the Black Diamond® Shell Pink™ Crape Myrtle Shrub delivers a rich contrast of black foliage and thousands of bright pink blooms that are second to none.
Imagine vibrant pink blooms and dramatic black foliage from early summer until the first frost. With the Black Diamond® Shell Pink™, it's a given. And it's no wonder why your neighbors will marvel at this unique variety, especially since it's a new exclusive that's impossible to find at most nurseries.
And since it’s drought-tolerant, highly resistant to mildew that causes similar varieties to fade, and extremely cold hardy down to 0 degrees, it’s better than your common Crape. From flowering borders to bright hedging or even containers to greet guests at your entryway, the Black Diamond® Shell Pink™ shines.
If you're searching for vivid Crape color but don't have enough space for large trees, the Black Diamond® Shrub fits the bill...literally. And no matter where you plant it, it grows above and beyond, giving you big bursts of color and blooms in the smallest garden spaces.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We’ve planted, nurtured, and shipped your Black Diamond® with unmatched care, so you get the best results in your garden. This Crape Myrtle is a proven performer since we’ve put in the extra work, and it can't be found at your local nursery or garden center. Once it's delivered to your door, you’ll reap the rewards of bold pink color and full growth effortlessly.
Bright pink blooms and carefree growth are just a click away – order your Black Diamond® Shell Pink™ Crape today, before it’s gone!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Well-drained soil and a fun sun location are ideal for your Crape Myrtle. Simply select an area that receives 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day. Once you’ve selected a location, dig a hole that’s about two times the size of your plant’s root ball. Place your tree, backfill the soil, and tamp down to finish. Water after planting your Crape to settle its roots.
2. Watering: Water your Crape Myrtle thoroughly every other day for the first month. After that, scale back to once every week or week and a half.
If you’re not sure when to water your plant, simply check its soil. If its surrounding soil near your Crape is dry, down to about 2 or 3 inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Crape with a well-balanced fertilizer once each year, just as new growth emerges.
4. Pruning: Prune your Crape Myrtle during late winter or early spring to achieve your desired height and shape but do so carefully – no need to cut off all its branches!
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99 +||Free Shipping with code FREE99|