Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height:
- 5-10 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 5-10 ft.
- Part Shade/Part Sun (Zones 6-9) Full Sun (Zones 4-6)
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hydrangea quercifolia 'Alice'
- Does Not Ship To:
Unique Foliage and Blooms Make Spring-to-Fall Appeal
Why Alice Oakleaf Hydrangeas?
One of the largest of the Oakleaf varieties, the Alice Oakleaf Hydrangea is made unique by its month-to-month visual interest. Colorful blooms give way to fall tones that wow, whether you use your Alice as a foundation planting or eye-catching border near your patio or street.
So, if you’re looking for an attractive plant from season to season, the Alice Oakleaf is ideal. This Hydrangea’s uniquely-shaped flowers bloom in white and pink as they mature, while large leaves boast rich purple and red hues during autumn. Interesting winter texture on its branches emerges as cold weather sets in for benefits that last year-round.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
And not only do you get amazing looks with the Alice Oakleaf Hydrangea – because we’ve nurtured and hand-picked your plant for best growth – but you also get a proven performer with no serious pest or disease issues. As a result, it’s even easier to maintain in your garden.
We’ve done the extra work in cultivating the best Alice Oakleaf Hydrangea possible so that you get the best of the best. Order your own Alice Oakleaf today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
- customer service
I was very pleasantly surprised to find such vigorous hydrangeas when I unpacked them. They were ready to go, thickly covered with healthy leaves, and not desiccated in any way. And an excellent size to get established. I’ve only had them in the ground for three weeks now, so we’ll see what happens over the winter, but I can’t imagine a better way to start their lives with me than how I received them.
satisfied and hopeful
Great! It is healthy with new growth on it. We are hoping it gets established before winter.
Great customer service
Fast Growing Trees customer service is outstanding! They will take care of any problem politely and quickly.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, choose an area with full sun to partial shade for your Alice Oakleaf Hydrangea (simply shield it from excessive afternoon sun). The Alice Oakleaf grows easily in organically-rich soil that’s somewhat moist but well-drained. However, it thrives in most soil types and prefers summer mulch for best growth.
To plant your Alice Oakleaf Hydrangea, dig a hole deep enough to cover its root ball. After placing your plant, tamp down the soil while backfilling to avoid air pockets. Water your Alice to settle the soil that surrounds the roots.
2. Watering: Water deeply and regularly during the first full growing season so that your Alice Oakleaf Hydrangea’s root system becomes well-established. To test when and how much to water, check the top 2 to 3 inches of soil – if it’s dry, it’s time to water until it’s moist but not oversaturated. During times of drought, the Alice Oakleaf should be watered twice weekly instead of once weekly.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Alice Oakleaf Hydrangea regularly during the growing season – this helps your plant to establish and thrive in your landscape.
4. Pruning: Prune if needed immediately after flowering. Any winter-damaged stems may be pruned in early spring, and some additional pruning for shaping purposes is fine.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|