* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Early-Harvest Apple Tree With Impressive Shelf Life
Introducing the Zestar Apple Tree: an early-season fruit tree packed with sweet and tangy apples that can keep up to two months! Originating from Minnesota, the Zestar is a popular option for its incredible flavor and superior quality.
Want your apples sooner? The Zestar Apple Tree harvests in August, which will allow you to enjoy its perfectly balanced flavors early in the season - a great way to jump-start your fall baking!
Not only does the Zestar Apple Tree provide you with high-quality fruit, but the shelf-life is also quite impressive. In fact, with the proper refrigeration, your apples can maintain their fabulous taste and crunch for 2 months after being picked. It’s no wonder this apple tree is a grower’s favorite!
For a high-quality fruit tree that’s reliable and aesthetically pleasing, look no further than the Zestar Apple Tree! Hurry and plant yours, today!
Zestar Apple Tree Pollination
Zestar Apple Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by selecting a location with full sun (6 hours of sunlight per day) and well-drained soil. Now that you've found your location, start planting by digging a hole that's twice the width of the root ball and just as deep. Then, place your tree and tamp down the soil. Finally, water to settle the roots and mulch to preserve moisture.
FGT Tip: Make sure your mulch is not touching the base of the trunk.
2. Watering: Your apple will benefit from regular watering each week. You may need to water more often in times of extreme heat or drought. However, if you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: Once your tree has become established and is starting to bear fruit, it will need some periodic, moderate pruning. Only prune the tree during times of dormancy, making sure to remove any vigorous, upright stems and weak, damaged or dead branches.
4. Fertilizing: Feed your tree with a 5-10-10 fertilizer per label instructions, but only start after they begin growing steadily. We recommend spreading your fertilizer a few inches away from the tree's trunk.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||12-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||Early-mid August|
|Botanical Name:||MaluMalus x domestica 'Minnewashta'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,ID,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|