* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||12-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||Late September|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Malus domestica 'Mutsu'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, ID, OR, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Get the Most Popular Apple for Baking in 1 Year
Why Mutsu Apple Trees?
The crisp, juicy Mutsu (also known as Crispin) is one of the most popular varieties of apples. Why? Because they’re delicious right off the branch, and their sweet yet tart flavor adds an extraordinary flair to cooked dishes. And you get fruit after your tree’s very first year of growth.
Bakers love this apple for a reason. The Mutsu Apple has a unique texture ideal for preparing pies and coarsely-grained flesh that holds up well when baked, making the Mutsu a favorite amongst baking enthusiasts. And since it’s notably larger than other varieties, you can make a full pie with as few as three apples!
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Basically, we’ve put in the extra work for your Mutsu so you don’t have to. Though your Mutsu Apple Tree will need another apple tree variety planted nearby to fruit, it’s easy once you do. As long as you have your pollinator, you’ll have tons of fruit because we’ve grafted, grown and nurtured our Mutsu Apple Trees from day one.
Plus, we take pride in our trees, so our horticultural experts are with you every step of the way. When you order your Mutsu, you get more than just a tree – you get a guarantee of fast, delicious and healthy fruit. Order your own Mutsu Apple Tree today!
Mutsu (Crispin) Apple Tree Pollination
Mutsu (Crispin) Apple Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by choosing a location with well-drained soil and full sun (around 6 hours of sunlight per day). Keep in mind that trees should be spaced away from buildings. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that it is at least twice the diameter and the same depth of the tree’s root ball. Place the tree into the hole and gently spread its roots into the hole. Back fill the hole with the soil, tamp down and mulch to keep soil moist. Finally, water to settle.
2. Watering: The Mutsu Apple grows best when it has evenly moist soil. It can tolerate periods of drought when established, but its crop production may be reduced. Generally, you should water your tree about once weekly. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If it's dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizer: Apply a general purpose fertilizer, such as a 10-10-10 formula, to the Mutsu in the early spring before the foliage of the tree starts to emerge. Follow the directions on the fertilizer's label for ratios.
4. Pollination: The Mutsu Apple requires a pollinator to set an ample crop of apples. Plant a Gala, Fuji, or Granny Smith to help ensure pollination. A pollinator tree should be located somewhere within 25 feet of the Mutsu for adequate pollination.
5. Pruning: Your Apple Tree will need very little pruning during its first few years. Mature apple trees require annual pruning. Prune away any shoots that grow beneath the tree’s graft bud, and remove any dead or diseased limbs.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Fast delivery, well packaged, healthy plant stock, well pruned, easy to plant, survival looks good! This goes for all three apple trees that I ordered and received.
The person loved it ,was received in good condition and immediately planted . The person continues to monitor the tree's progress
One tree arrived damaged and it was replaced quickly.
It was in great shape when it was delivered and doing very well.
Fast shipping, arrived when they said it would, healthy an blooming!