* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||12-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Malus domestica 'Honeygold'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, ID, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-7 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-7 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
The Sweetest Cold Hardy Apple Available
Why Honeygold Apple Trees?
The Honeygold Apple Tree is an all-around favorite, especially for its cold hardy strength. And though it's similar in taste to the Honeycrisp, the Honeygold Apple Tree is a dessert apple that grows perfectly in even the coldest climates.
It can even withstand a Minnesota winter. Not many sweet fruits will grow in the harsh, windy climate. But your Honeygold Apple Tree will stand tall and produce a bountiful harvest, even in the worst winters.
The big harvest and sweet taste will mesmerize you. The Honeygold is quite the producer, and you’ll be thrilled by the huge harvest you get in late September through October. Plus, you get a sweet, honey taste without any tartness, which is what gives this apple its name. You’ll love biting into this healthy dessert right as the temperature drops in early autumn.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, you get the cold hardy benefits, easy care and large harvests that are unique to the Honeygold. But you also get proven performance and fast fruiting, year over year. We've done the extra work at our nursery, planting and growing your tree months in advance, so you get amazing results in your landscape.
The Honeygold does other apple trees to help it pollinate, but you'll end up with even more apples. Plant yours alongside Empire, Fuji, Grannysmith or your favorite cold hardy variety.
Because it’s known for being so cold hardy, the Honeygold Apple Tree sells out quickly in cold climates. Buy yours today, before it's gone!
Honeygold Apple Tree Pollination
Honeygold Apple Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Full sun and well-drained soil are ideal for your Honeygold - any area that receives around 6 hours of sunlight per day is perfect. Once you've found your location, dig a hole that's twice the width of the root ball and just as deep. Then, place your Apple Tree, back fill the soil and tamp down to avoid air pockets. Finally, mulch the area and water to settle the roots for best results.
*Tip: Make sure your mulch is not touching the base of the trunk.
2. Watering: Depending on how much rain your area gets, you may need to water your Honeygold every 10 days. If you get less than an inch of rain every 10 days, water the soil around the root line. But if you're not sure when to water, simply check your soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: It's best to fertilize in late winter or early spring. We recommend buying commercial fertilizer produced for fruiting trees and following the instructions.
4. Pruning: Prune your tree when it is dormant in late winter by removing all dead leaves and branches. It is best to prune the branches in such a way that the entire tree receives an equal amount of light.
5. Pollination: The Honeygold Apple Tree does not self pollinate, so you must plant it alongside other varieties of apple trees to increase the harvest. The best varieties to plant with are Fuji, Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Empire or Macintosh.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- pink blooms
- warming trend
The tree was back ordered, and I was informed by email that the specimens weren't big enough to ship. I bided my time and was emailed about 2 weeks ago of the tree being shipped. They stated it may have been pruned prior to shipping, but it was a good healthy tree that was growing new leaves within a week of planting. I look forward to my apples next year. Thank you.
The tree arrived in great condition! It was everything I was hoping for.
the trees were in great shape. They were shipped fast. Only thing I wish was in the box were planting instructions.
My honey gold Apple tree looks like it’s going to have apples this year already! How exciting! Can’t wait to see how well it bears it’s first year! Healthy , happy and thriving!