Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉) 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 6-8 ft
- Mature Width:
- 6-8 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Camellia japonica 'Spring's Promise'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, TN, TX
Vibrant Blooms Down to -10 Degrees
Why Spring's Promise Camellia Shrubs?
Spring’s Promise Camellias bring fragrant flowers farther north than ever before. In fact, they have a strong tolerance for ice, snow, and freezing temperatures and don’t allow them to stop their outstanding floral show.
Spring’s Promise Camellias are known for their large, rosy red blossoms that bloom as soon as it warms up during the mid to late winter. Each large blossom is huge, boasting bright red petals, and a yellow center that invites onlookers to admire their radiant beauty.
The bright flowers fill your landscape with color for months, from mid-winter into the spring. Spring’s Promise Camellias are often praised for their bright flowers as well as their attractive evergreen foliage. Their lush canopies are filled with dark green, glossy, oval-shaped leaves that serve as the perfect backdrop.
And the Spring’s Promise Camellia is a compact ornamental tree that can fit anywhere. By only growing to about 6 to 8 feet tall, and 6 to 8 feet wide they will fit perfectly in any space without taking over.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Local garden centers and big-box retailers rarely stock healthy, well-rooted Camellias, and the Spring's Promise is no exception.
But when you order from Fast Growing Trees, you get a Spring's Promise Camellia grown and nurtured with meticulous care, ready to thrive in your landscape and burst with color quickly.
In fact, when you buy our larger sizes, you can get unmatched color as soon as the first season.
Spring’s Promise Camellias aren't finicky, despite their beauty. They can also be easily trimmed and kept in particular shapes and sizes, including tree forms. With the Spring Promise Camellias in your landscape, the creative possibilities are endless. But don't wait...get your Spring's Promise today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location with partial sun and some shade (anywhere from 4 to 6 hours of sunlight daily) and well-drained soil.
Dig your hole about 2 inches shorter than the depth of the root ball and 2 feet wider than the width. This will allow space for the roots to branch out and keep the top of the root ball above the rim of the hole. Place your shrub, backfill your soil and water to settle the roots.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that's about twice the size of your Camellia's shipped container, use organic soil and place it in a sunny area.
2. Watering: Always allow your soil's surface to dry about 2 inches down before watering. When you notice that this area is dry, water until the soil is moist. For container-planted shrubs, water until you see it draining from the bottom of the pot.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Camellia in the spring, after the flowers have dropped. Using a soluble fertilizer for acid-loving plants once or twice a month in spring and mid-summer is best.
4. Pruning: After your blooming season has ended, remove any dead or weak wood (a gray tinge to the bark is an easy way to identify dead branches). Thin out the growth a bit when your Camellias become dense. Finally, shorten lower limbs to encourage more upright growth.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|