* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
The Most Popular Juniper
Why Spartan Junipers?
The tough yet attractive Spartan Juniper is a fast-growing, highly durable evergreen. In fact, it's now considered by most growers to be the most popular upright juniper on the market.
Plus, the Spartan’s fantastic tolerance to heat, cold, drought, and salt make it one of the hardiest junipers you can find. That means it’s extremely easy to grow, no matter where you live, especially since it thrives in virtually all soil types.
And it grows in a columnar shape with very dense branches, making it a good selection for those desiring a privacy hedge or wind barrier. So, whether you plant it along streets, fences or even as a standalone, it thrives without effort.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part about our Spartan Juniper is that we’ve planted, grown and shipped it with care. That means you’ll get an intact, healthy well-developed root system, rather than a bare-root plant, for best results. We’ve done the extra work so that you get an effortless plant.
Get good looks, strong growth and effortless care – it’s just a click away with our Spartan Juniper. Get your own today, before it’s gone!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The ideal planting area should receive direct sunlight for most of the day with well-draining soil (adding rocks and gravel is a good way to ensure proper drainage). Junipers will also live in alkaline, acidic or mineral lacking soil, making them one tough tree to add to your landscape!
The soil should be thoroughly mulched, watered and weeded prior to planting. Dig a planting hole for your Juniper that’s twice as wide as the diameter and as deep as the depth of the root ball. Gently loosen the roots by untangling them at the edge of the root ball with your fingers and place your juniper in the hole. The top of the root ball should be level with the surrounding soil. Fill your hole by packing the amended soil around the root ball and gently tamp the soil down to get rid of any air pockets.
Once your tree is upright and firmly planted, spread mulch around its base, and then water the soil.
2. Watering: Water your Juniper twice a week during its first month; after, it will need to be watered regularly for the first couple months after planting. During periods of extended drought, increase your watering habit to once every week or two.
3. Fertilizing: You can give younger Juniper Trees some fertilizer once a year during the fall season to encourage healthy growth. More mature trees usually only need to be fed once every 2 to 3 years. It is best to apply a slow-release, organic granular formula such as 12-4-8 or 16-4-8 fertilizer into the soil.
4. Pruning: The best time to prune your Juniper is in the late winter to early spring. Cut your new growth back roughly halfway, as this facilitates healthy new growth and helps with the shaping of the tree to keep it attractive. Remove branches growing the wrong direction and any dead branches with hand pruners.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-5 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Juniperus chinensis 'Spartan'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Spartan Junipers
trees were very nice and healthy thanks
We wanted a low maintenance great looking natural hedge. Fast Growing Trees shipped our Spartan Junipers as advertised and in perfect condition. We live in Katy Texas and our trees seem to taking well to our South Texas environment. So far so good.
All doing well, excellent quality and service.
A dogwood and 2 little junipers
Am totally satisfied! They came on a hot summer day, but were alive and well, although in need of my excellent care!!! They are facing winter now. Fingers crossed!
Very satisfied. Trees look great. Unfortunately one of them arrived with the top broken off. Must have been the gorillas at Fed X. One call and two quick photos later I was notified that a replacement would be sent. This was late on a Friday afternoon. That kind of service is unheard of these days.