* Images shown are of mature plants
Purple-Red Foliage and Wispy Florals
Why Royal Purple Smoke Trees?
Versatility plus gorgeous purplish-red foliage sets the Royal Purple Smoke Tree apart. And with incredible smoke-like purple blooms, as well as tolerance of most soil types and drought conditions, the Royal Purple offers beauty and strength.
It's a show of color that begins in spring and lasts all summer long. The oval-shaped foliage then transitions to a striking scarlet in the fall. A slow grower that features an open crown, the Royal Purple Smoke will eventually top out at 15 feet, making it suitable for a number of planting options throughout the landscape or garden.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Whether you prefer to plant it as a shrub or let it grow into a colorful specimen tree, the Royal Purple Smoke combines beauty, ease of care and versatility.
But the best part? We've planted, grown and shipped our Royal Purple Smoke Trees with care. So, not only do you get a unique pick for your garden, but you also get the guarantee of a healthier, more developed root system and a head start on growth, shipped right to your door.
Don't wait - see the beauty of this one-of-a-kind tree for yourself. Get your own Purple Smoke Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your tree will receive full sunlight (at least 6 hours a day). It can tolerate some shade, but does best when getting full sunlight. It’s able to grow in a wide range of soils, but be sure the soil is well-draining/
Dig a hole for your tree that is at least three times as wide as the root ball and equal in depth. Remove your tree from the container and gently loosen the roots by hand to ensure they grow in a spreading manner. Place your tree in the hole and position it so that the top of the roots are even with the ground and the tree is standing upright. Once the hole is completely filled, give your tree a deep watering to remove any air pockets and settle the soil. Apply 2 to 3 inches of mulch around the tree, ensuring that it doesn’t touch the trunk.
2. Watering: Ensure the soil around your tree stays moist but not wet during the first few months while establishing. Test the soil by feeling down 2 to 3 inches to determine if it’s dry and needs additional water. These trees are fairly drought resistant once established and will only need water every 1 to 2 weeks, depending on your climate.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilizing is not recommended - the Royal Purple Smoke Tree grows well on its own.
4. Pruning: Little to no maintenance is required when growing it as a shrub. Any dead or diseased branches can be pruned in early spring before growth appears. They can be pruned to grow as a tree form, but this should be done when planting. To do this, select a main stem and prune the other branches away, keeping more growth at the top.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Cotinus coggygria|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|