* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Ruby-Red Color Stands Out in a Landscape
Loved for its sharp color contrast, the Crimson Fire Loropetalum is a plant for all seasons, thanks to ruby-red to burgundy foliage that stays vibrant throughout the year. This dwarf evergreen variety is ideal for small gardens, perennial borders, containers, or foundation plantings.
But evergreen foliage isn't all the Crimson Fire offers. It blooms in spring with vibrant, neon-pink flowers that stand out against its rich foliage and provide a welcome pop of color in green spaces or against neutral backdrops.
Growing up to 4 ft. tall and 4-5 ft. wide, the dwarf Crimson Fire has a compact size that's perfect small spaces or gardens. Plus, it's pest-free, disease-free, and deer-resistant, for low-maintenance growth.
Whether you’re looking for an standout accent, foundation, or container plant, the Crimson Fire Loropetalum will fit perfectly into your landscape, with year-round color, spring blooms and effortless growth.
The best part about your Crimson Loropetalum? It's been grown and nurtured with care at our nursery, before it ships to you. That means you'll get a happy, healthy shrub that's ready to grow on day one - shipped straight to your door.
Don't miss out on this effortless, evergreen color. Get your Crimson Fire Loropetalum today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: You can plant the Crimson Fire Loropetalum at any time of the year in an area with full or partial sun. It prefers well-drained soil. Dig a hole twice as wide as your plant's shipped container, and equally as deep. Place your Loropetalum in the hole, and backfill with soil, tamping down to remove air pockets. Water well after planting.
2. Watering: Water your Loropetalum thoroughly after planting, and keep watering your bush once or twice a week until it establishes. Be sure to mulch the roots if you live in an area with extreme temperatures.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Crimson Fire Loropetalum with a slow-release, balanced fertilizer in spring to ensure healthy growth.
4. Pruning: No pruning is needed, but the Loropetalum can tolerate heavy pruning if you want to shape it, remove dead branches, or conform with your landscape setting. Pruning is best done after the flowering season - avoid pruning in early spring or winter.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||3-4 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-5 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Loropetalum chinense var. rubrum 'PIILC-I'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Crimson Fire Loropetalum arrived in Good Shape
Arrived in good size and condition, on a timely basis. Has been in the soil about 3 weeks so far.
Crimson fire loropetalum
My plant arrived healthy and beautiful ❤️
Arrived in beautiful shape, lush, healthy, ready to go. We are so happy with all three plants. Would certainly recommend them to anyone that appreciates beauty.
When I opened the shipment they were laying on their sides. Some branches were broken. They still were alive and are going strong now.