* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Giant Lavender Flowers & Fast, Easy Growth
Why Purple Wisteria Vines?
Huge, full purple flowers up to 12 inches long produce a unique scent found only in these romantic bloomers. The Purple Wisteria Vine is truly unlike any other!
Plus, its new leaves are so shiny they look lacquered as the sun plays over them. This Wisteria vine is a delight to grow. And the Purple Wisteria is easy to plant and care for, since it adapts well to a wide range of soils. To get the most out of this colorful show, be sure to place your Purple Wisteria where everyone can see it. No matter where it grows, it will enchant.
Plant them in rows for a spring flower show. The fragrance of Wisteria blooms will have you looking forward to spring in a way you never have before. From pergolas near your home to entryway arbors and beyond, the Wisteria makes a timeless, elegant statement.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
Your Purple Wisteria from Fast Growing Trees Nursery will arrive with a good, solid root system, made to quickly adapt to your yard.
Unlike big-box retailers or local nurseries, your Purple Wisteria is shipped right to your door with healthy, intact roots.
Now, you get color and huge blooms faster than ever before. Order them now and witness the show for yourself. Get your own Purple Wisteria Vine for your garden!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The ideal spot for planting Wisteria should be a sunny area with fertile, moist, well-draining soil. Wisteria thrives in almost any soil type as long as it is well-draining and receives at least 6 hours of direct sunlight.
Dig a hole that is three times as wide as the root ball and just as deep (if planting more than one, space the plants 10-15 feet apart). Gently hold the plant while making sure it's vertical in the hole and backfill the hole with your other hand, working the soil around the roots to avoid air pockets.
Wisteria may require staking while it becomes established. If you do this, drive your stake 6 to 12 inches down. Secure the tree with planter's tape every 8 inches.
2. Watering: During your first year, the Wisteria will benefit from regular watering while the roots become established. An inch of rainfall per week is recommended. A slow trickling from the hose works best so the soil can absorb water, but the natural rainfall in your area should be sufficient for your Wisteria.
3. Fertilizing: Your Wisteria will require little fertilizing. If you have poor or sandy soil, consider using a small amount of fertilizer like formula 5-10-10 or 5-10-5. Feed your wisteria about 3/4 cup per square yard each year during the spring.
4. Pruning: Wisteria needs to be pruned twice a year, typically once in late winter and again in mid-summer. Winter pruning is to prepare the flowering spurs for the upcoming season. Summer pruning keeps the long, whip-like shoots under control encouraging them to become flowering spurs.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||20-30 ft.|
|Mature Width:||20-30 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Wisteria sinensis|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, WI|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
My plant arrived in very good condition. Within a week I see the leaves popping out. Cannot wait till it starts blooming. This was a birthday present for my 14 year old child.
PURPLE WISTERIA VINE
Just arrived last week. Looks good. Will be planting next week. I will let you know after a couple of months.
I haven't planted them yet too much rain
Waiting to review until Spring
Arrived beautifully, now fading a bit as Fall progresses. Might review later as Spring arrives.
We can't wait to see how beautiful your tree is in Spring!
Love it. Originally, We had a problem with shipper. They returned it back to fast growing trees. Call and talked to Todd, Excellent customer rep, He reshipped the plants and received them in 3 days and they were beautiful. Thanks sooo much Ken