* Images shown are of mature plants
Strong Stems, Vibrant Foliage + Classic Weeping Habit
Why Prairie Cascade Weeping Willows?
Growing in a sturdy, straight form that later begins the graceful weeping habit you know and love from the willow, the Prarie Cascade lives up to its name. Especially with its finely-textured leaves that catch every breeze with unmatched elegance.
It delivers vibrant forest-hued leaves all season, with fall bringing on golden yellow hues that shine like the sun. but When the Prairie Cascade's leaves drop, the tree's stems remain gold...offering brilliant contrast that stands out in wintry landscapes.
And it's hardy down to an unbelievable -20 degrees, even surviving dips to -30. Despite its graceful appearance, the Prairie Cascade couldn't be stronger. So, from the northern recesses of New England to South Florida, the Prairie Cascade truly thrives.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
It's nearly impossible to find a Prairie Cascade Weeping Willow this healthy and robust from your local big-box nursery.
But when you order your Prairie Cascade Weeping Willow from Fast Growing Trees, you get a graceful tree that's planted, grown, and meticulously nurtured from day one. Basically, we take the time to ensure your tree is well-rooted in nutrient-rich soil and delivered in the same pot it's grown in.
With the Prairie Cascade Weeping Willow, you'll be the envy of the neighborhood...but don't wait, order your Prairie Cascade Weeping Willow today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Creek beds or pond-accenting spots are favored but as long as you irrigate properly and ensure the proper sun exposure, your willow can thrive anywhere.
Dig a hole three times the width and just as deep as the root ball of your tree. Then remove any debris like rocks, grass or soil clumps from the hole and use a shovel or a pitchfork to loosen the soil around the sides of the hole. Position your tree and make sure that the root collar (the area where the roots meet the trunk of the tree) is level with the surrounding soil. Next, gently backfill the soil and tamp it down as you go. After this process is complete, give your tree a long drink of water until the soil becomes evenly moist.
Finally, spread a layer of mulch that’s about three inches thick around the base of your tree.
2. Watering: Your Willow will need a deep watering roughly 2 to 3 times weekly (depending on the weather) to keep the soil consistently moist. Mulching really helps with retaining soil moisture so you will not have to monitor as often.
A good method is to leave your garden hose next to the base of the tree on a slow trickle for about 10 minutes once weekly.
3. Fertilizing: Feed once yearly in the fall season, after it has become established (about 2 years after planting). Use an all-purpose fertilizer.
4. Pruning: Prune back new shoots right to the main trunk and remove some of the older main branches in spring. Pruning isn't necessary, but you'll get a neater, cleaner form by removing these older branches and shoots.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||20-30 ft.|
|Mature Width:||20-30 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Salix 'Prairie Cascade'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-10 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Prairie cascade weeping willow
Great tree! Super healthy and great service getting it.
Beautiful Weeping Willow
Again, as with my overall experience with the purchase of the 'Crimson King Maple', the transaction was positive. I have say the 'Prairie Cascade Weeping Willow' is my favorite; it is a beautiful little tree! I can't wait 'til it's bigger!
Arrive in good condition even after a week in transit.