* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Vaccinium ashei 'Powderblue'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, OR, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
Grow Your Own Delicious Blueberries
Why Powderblue Blueberry Bushes?
Have you always wanted to pick blueberries from your garden but can’t find any blueberry plants that work for your climate? Enter the Powderblue Blueberry. Heat tolerant and requiring fewer chill hours than other varieties, these blueberries vigorously grow in moderate to hot temperatures.
And these sweet-tart blueberries will thrill your taste buds! You'll get delicious, second-to-none taste, right from home...all without effort, since the Powderblue doesn't need pruning or pest management and is tolerant of drought conditions.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Once you've eaten home-grown Powderblues, supermarket trips will be a thing of the past. Especially since you'll get a huge, easy-to-grow harvest from our Powderblue Blueberry.
Because we plant, grow and ship our Powderblues with care, you get a thriving, easy plant delivered right to your door. Though the Powderblue Blueberry is a Rabbiteye and needs another variety of Rabbiteye to grow, the planting and growing process couldn't be simpler. We nurture your Powderblue so that it has a healthy root system and a head start on growth - something you won't get from your local big box store.
Order your Powderblue today, and don’t forget to purchase a Premier Blueberry Bush to complete the set!
Powderblue Blueberry Pollination
Powderblue Blueberrys are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: You can plant your Powderblue Blueberry in your garden or in a pot. Either way, you'll need to make sure it gets full sun and the soil is well-drained and acidic. If you plant in your garden, be sure to leave 10 feet of space between your other plants.
From there, planting is easy. Simply dig a hole large enough to accommodate the Powderblue's root ball, place your plant, backfill the soil and water the area.
2. Watering: Powderblue Blueberries are drought tolerant but need to be watered once a week during the first year. A good rule of thumb is to check the surrounding soil for dryness, about 2 or 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water your Powderblue.
3. Fertilizing: Once you see leaves on your plant, you can add some acidic fertilizer. And once your plant is fully mature, you can fertilize it once a year in June and again in the fall if the harvest is smaller than expected.
4. Pruning: You won't need to prune your Powderblue Blueberry unless you want to manage the size and shape of the hedge. If so, prune in late winter.
5. Pollination: This is not a self-fertile plant and will need another variety of Rabbiteye blueberry to thrive. We recommend the Premier Blueberry.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Tifblue & Powderblue
I have purchased trees online before but FGT has THE BEST quality and prices.
Fast shipping and the plants were in great shape when they arrived.
Good healthy plants.
Bushes arrived jamed together so some branches broken but bushes overall ok