Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height:
- 6-8 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 6-8 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Botanical Name:
- Vaccinium ashei 'Powderblue'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CA, OR, WA
Grow Your Own Delicious Blueberries
Why Powderblue Blueberry Bushes?
Have you always wanted to pick blueberries from your garden but can’t find any blueberry plants that work for your climate? Enter the Powderblue Blueberry. Heat tolerant and requiring fewer chill hours than other varieties, these blueberries vigorously grow in moderate to hot temperatures.
And these sweet-tart blueberries will thrill your taste buds! You'll get delicious, second-to-none taste, right from home...all without effort, since the Powderblue doesn't need pruning or pest management and is tolerant of drought conditions.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Once you've eaten home-grown Powderblues, supermarket trips will be a thing of the past. Especially since you'll get a huge, easy-to-grow harvest from our Powderblue Blueberry.
Because we plant, grow and ship our Powderblues with care, you get a thriving, easy plant delivered right to your door. Though the Powderblue Blueberry is a Rabbiteye and needs another variety of Rabbiteye to grow, the planting and growing process couldn't be simpler. We nurture your Powderblue so that it has a healthy root system and a head start on growth - something you won't get from your local big box store.
Order your Powderblue today, and don’t forget to purchase a Premier Blueberry Bush to complete the set!
Powderblue Blueberry Pollination
Powderblue Blueberrys are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Customer Reviews & Photos
Purchased a variety of blueberries (Premier, Brightwell, Tifblue & Powderblue) and these have done excellent. They've handled shipping well and haven't seemed to miss a beat.
Plants arrived in good condition. Plants were planted according to directions. Hope to have berries the summer.
Looks happy and healthy...
I am happy with this one...has a lot of new grows already...looks very healthy. Thank you.Cannot wait for next year to harvest some juicy blueberries.
Great plant and highly recommend blueberry plants from them!
It is the healthiest and best looking blueberry plant I've ever bought. All other plants I've purchased locally and lost 50% of them!Would highly recommend them!I will buy other plants from them.
I received different trees/plants and they were all in good shape upon delivery. The Powderblue Blueberry was a bit sad and in the Texas heat was struggling. I put it under our big porch for sun in morning and shade in afternoon watered it everyday (Texas heat takes the moisture out quick) and it has brand new leaves and is reviving very well. Definitely will be buying from them again!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: You can plant your Powderblue Blueberry in your garden or in a pot. Either way, you'll need to make sure it gets full sun and the soil is well-drained and acidic. If you plant in your garden, be sure to leave 10 feet of space between your other plants.
From there, planting is easy. Simply dig a hole large enough to accommodate the Powderblue's root ball, place your plant, backfill the soil and water the area.
2. Watering: Powderblue Blueberries are drought tolerant but need to be watered once a week during the first year. A good rule of thumb is to check the surrounding soil for dryness, about 2 or 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water your Powderblue.
3. Fertilizing: Once you see leaves on your plant, you can add some acidic fertilizer. And once your plant is fully mature, you can fertilize it once a year in June and again in the fall if the harvest is smaller than expected.
4. Pruning: You won't need to prune your Powderblue Blueberry unless you want to manage the size and shape of the hedge. If so, prune in late winter.
5. Pollination: This is not a self-fertile plant and will need another variety of Rabbiteye blueberry to thrive. We recommend the Premier Blueberry.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|