* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Vibrant Red Blooms on Compact Dwarf Form
Why Petite Red Imp™ Crape Myrtle Trees?
Turn up the drama with this compact crape myrtle and its show-stopping crimson blooms. The Petite Red Imp™ is a dwarf variety of the traditional Crape, but it gives you a huge impact in your landscape, especially when several are massed together in a single-color planting.
Dramatic, deep crimson blossoms, smooth and distinctive bark, and dark green foliage that begins as a coppery bronze in spring define the Petite Red Imp. It gives you color from late summer through fall, thriving in full to partial sun and requiring minimal watering once established.
Even better? It attracts graceful wildlife and beneficial pollinators to your garden, all while growing strong through drought, humidity, pests, and urban pollution. Basically, there's nothing the Petite Red Imp Crape Myrtle can't do.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
We’ve planted, grown, and shipped your Petite Red Crape with meticulous care, so you get a hassle-free tree that’s ready to thrive in your landscape and burst with color quickly.
Unlike big-box retailers, we never ship bare-root. That means you can enjoy the full blooms of the Petite Red Imp for years to come.
We've nurtured this plant to perfection, so carefree, colorful growth is just a click away. Order your Petite Red Imp™ Crape Myrtle Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Crapes are full sun lovers, so try and find a spot where they will get as much as possible. Other than that, your tree prefers well-drained soil.
Dig your hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Lightly comb your hands over the root ball to free up the roots a bit before planting. Place your tree in the hole and make sure that the root crown (where the root ball meets the trunk(s) of the tree) is level with the soil surface. Mulch the area around the tree to conserve water moisture and deter competing weeds.
2. Watering: Myrtles are drought tolerant but may need a bit more attention with watering during the hot summer season. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check your surrounding soil about 3 inches down.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a complete, balanced, slow-release fertilizer formula in the early spring and summer seasons.
4. Pruning: Remove all but 4 to 5 strong trunks and then remove the lateral branches around the bottom half of the tree. To encourage branching, make your cuts on the longer, leggy limbs.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||5 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Lagerstroemia indica 'Monimp'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Petite Red Imp
It took some time to spend the money, and I'm so happy I did! The "Imp" arrived healthy with dozens of buds, that have since started blooming!!! It's beautiful!