Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉) 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 8 ft. pruned
- Mature Width:
- 5-10 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st year!
- Botanical Name:
- Citrus latifolia
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY, AL, DC
The World's Most Versatile Lime
Why Persian Lime Trees?
With the Persian Bearss, you get distinct flavor, delicious, seedless fruit and a great patio plant that will produce indoors. So, no matter your climate, you’ll have large limes the size of lemons and a hardy tree that's drought tolerant and pest resistant, indoors or out.
Also known as the Tahiti Lime or Bearss Lime, the Persian Lime is the most popular lime around…and for good reason. Trademark lime-green fruit, dripping with citrus flavor, will populate your tree season after season. Persian Limes combine the savory blend of a Key Lime and a lemon, but without the seeds, bitterness or acidity. Its full size practically weighs down the branches, giving you a lime that's simply unbeatable.
But the best part is you can harvest your limes right inside your home. Pot up your Persian Lime and place it by a sunny window in your favorite room, and you'll be amazed at all the limes that arrive each winter!
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
The top benefit to our Bearss: We’ve grafted and greenhouse-grown our Lime Tree for absolute best results. That means you get consistent harvests and strong growth, year over year, as well as a healthy root system and well-developed branching. This process – and our extra work at the nursery – means more fruit for you. Whether you grow it outdoors or in, you’ll get all the benefits the Persian Lime Tree has to offer.
Order your own Persian today, while they're still available!
Persian 'Bearss' Lime Tree Pollination
Persian 'Bearss' Lime Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Persian 'Bearss' Lime Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
First time we purchased a tree on line. It arrived as scheduled and was in excellent condition planted with good soil. We planted it our planter and it responded perfectly. We love our Lime Tree
Love my trees. Referred a friend, and she loves hers.
Ordering the item was simple… Due to covid, the shipment was unclear exactly when it was going to ship (but I knew it was 6-9 business days). 7 business days later, it showed up as advertised. Was exactly what I was looking for.. Was in a planter that same day (so, arrived safely and healthy).
Healthy our of the box | Easy to unpack | Already decorating my backyard
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your tree is going to get plenty of sunlight...6 to 8 hours per day is best. They can tolerate some shade but thrive in full sun.
These trees also do better in areas with high humidity so you may also need to create humidity for your tree by misting the leaves daily with water. Potted plants do enjoy a daily misting for humidity but placing a tray with rocks filled with water under the plant will feed humidity to the tree as the water evaporates.
If your winter temperatures are consistently below 40 degrees, plant your tree in a container that can easily be brought outside in the summer months and inside in the winter. A planter with built-in casters is a good choice so it can easily be moved. Choose a pot slightly larger than what it was shipped in that has plenty of holes in the bottom to allow for drainage. Be sure to plant in well-draining potting soil preferably recommended for acid-loving citrus plants.
Place your tree in an area of your home, preferably a south-facing window, where it is going to get plenty of sunlight. Supplement with a grow light if it will not receive full sun.
2. Watering: Be sure to give your tree a deep watering so that it can penetrate into the root system. After watering, allow the top 2 to 3 inches of the soil to dry out completely before watering again.
When ready to water your potted Persian Lime, stop once you see it escaping the drainage holes at the base of the pot.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Persian 'Bearss' tree during the warmer spring and summer seasons with a citrus specific fertilizer once every six weeks, such as the one included in our Citrus Care Kit. During the fall and winter season, ease back to fertilizing once every 2 to 3 months, and make sure to follow the application instructions written on the fertilizer bag.
4. Pollination: This tree is self-fertile and will produce fruit on its own, but if you want to increase your crop size, you can provide additional pollination by hand. Simply take a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of the bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush. Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated.
5. Pruning: Pruning can be done at any time of the year for the potted Persian 'Bearss'.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|