* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||8 ft. pruned|
|Mature Width:||5-10 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Citrus latifolia|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY, AL, DC|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉)
The World's Most Versatile Lime
Why Persian Lime Bushes?
With the Persian Bearss, you get distinct flavor, delicious, seedless fruit, and a great patio plant that will produce indoors. So, no matter your climate, you’ll have large limes the size of lemons and a hardy bush that's drought tolerant and pest resistant, indoors or out.
Also known as the Tahiti Lime or Bearss Lime, the Persian Lime is the most popular lime around…and for good reason. Trademark lime-green fruit, dripping with citrus flavor, will populate your bush season after season. Persian Limes combine the savory blend of a Key Lime and a lemon, but without the seeds, bitterness or acidity. Its full size practically weighs down the branches, giving you a lime that's simply unbeatable.
But the best part is you can harvest your limes right inside your home. Pot up your Persian Lime and place it by a sunny window in your favorite room, and you'll be amazed at all the limes that arrive each winter!
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
The top benefit to our Bearss: We’ve grafted and greenhouse-grown our Lime Bush for absolute best results. That means you get consistent harvests and strong growth, year over year, as well as a healthy root system and well-developed branching. This process – and our extra work at the nursery – means more fruit for you. Whether you grow it outdoors or in, you’ll get all the benefits the Persian Lime Bush has to offer.
Order your own Persian today, while they're still available!
Persian 'Bearss' Lime Bush Pollination
Persian 'Bearss' Lime Bushs are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Persian 'Bearss' Lime Bush will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your bush is going to get plenty of sunlight...6 to 8 hours per day is best. They can tolerate some shade but thrive in full sun.
These bushes also do better in areas with high humidity so you may also need to create humidity for your bush by misting the leaves daily with water. Potted plants do enjoy a daily misting for humidity but placing a tray with rocks filled with water under the plant will feed humidity to the bush as the water evaporates.
If your winter temperatures are consistently below 40 degrees, plant your bush in a container that can easily be brought outside in the summer months and inside in the winter. A planter with built-in casters is a good choice so it can easily be moved. Choose a pot slightly larger than what it was shipped in that has plenty of holes in the bottom to allow for drainage. Be sure to plant in well-draining potting soil preferably recommended for acid-loving citrus plants.
Place your bush in an area of your home, preferably a south-facing window, where it is going to get plenty of sunlight. Supplement with a grow light if it will not receive full sun.
2. Watering: Be sure to give your bush a deep watering so that it can penetrate into the root system. After watering, allow the top 2 to 3 inches of the soil to dry out completely before watering again.
When ready to water your potted Persian Lime, stop once you see it escaping the drainage holes at the base of the pot.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Persian 'Bearss' bush during the warmer spring and summer seasons with a citrus specific fertilizer once every six weeks, such as the one included in our Citrus Care Kit. During the fall and winter season, ease back to fertilizing once every 2 to 3 months, and make sure to follow the application instructions written on the fertilizer bag.
4. Pollination: This bush is self-fertile and will produce fruit on its own, but if you want to increase your crop size, you can provide additional pollination by hand. Simply take a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of the bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush. Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated.
5. Pruning: Pruning can be done at any time of the year for the potted Persian 'Bearss'.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- customer service
the plants look good - hopefully the'll bear good fruit when grown
The plants shipped to us from within the State of Florida so thank you for making that possible. The trees arrived so beautiful and healthy that they had intact buds and flowers. Those have already turned into tiny limes which we are now watching grow. This online purchase exceeded my expectations. I am recommending this company to all my friends.
Arrived in great condition. Cannot wait to see the fruits come!